1989 Lipton International Players Championships
|1989 Lipton International Players Championships|
|Date||March 20 – April 3|
|Surface||Hard / outdoor|
|Location||Key Biscayne, Florida, U.S.|
|Venue||Tennis Center at Crandon Park|
|Jakob Hlasek / Anders Järryd|
|Jana Novotná / Helena Suková|
The 1989 Lipton International Players Championships was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 5th edition of the Miami Masters and was part of the 1989 Nabisco Grand Prix and of Category 5 of the 1989 WTA Tour. The tournament took place at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Key Biscayne, Florida in the United States from March 20 through April 3, 1989.
- It was Lendl's 3rd title of the year and the 82nd of his career.
- Muster could not play the final because he was hit by a drunk driver on the eve of the final.
- It was Sabatini's 1st title of the year and the 19th of her career.
- It was Hlasek's 3rd title of the year and the 9th of his career. It was Järryd's 1st title of the year and the 43rd of his career.
- It was Novotná's 4th title of the year and the 16th of her career. It was Suková's 4th title of the year and the 36th of her career.