600 AM Montreal
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2014)|
|City of license||Montreal, Quebec|
|Frequency||600 kHz (AM)|
|Power||10 kW (day)
5 kW (night)
|Sister stations||850 AM Montreal, 940 AM Montreal|
600 AM is a proposed station in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The new station is owned by Tietolman-Tétrault-Pancholy Media (TTP), a company controlled by business partners Rajiv Pancholy, Paul Tietolman and Nicolas Tétrault.
On November 9, 2012, 7954689 Canada Inc. received approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to operate a new English language talk radio station in Montreal. Steve Kowch was hired to run it.
As of October 2014, none of the stations that the TTP group applied for had signed on. On September 19, the CRTC had given the TTP group another year to commence broadcasting on 600 and 940. At one point, it was announced that 600 AM would sign on in the fall of 2014, though that goal was never realized. The CRTC gave the TTP group one final extension on October 30, 2015, announcing that TTP must begin operations on 600 AM by November 9, 2016, or face cancellation of its license.
The 600 kHz frequency in Montreal was previously occupied by CFCF and CIQC until it moved to 940 kHz as CINW in 1999 and then closed down in 2011.
- Steve Faguy, "A renaissance for AM radio in Montreal". The Gazette, August 10, 2012.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-621. CRTC, November 9, 2012.
- "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-721". Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, November 21, 2011.
- Fagstein: "TTP Media says news-talk stations are six to nine months until launch", October 4, 2014.
- Mike Cohen, the Suburban, July 9th, 2014
- Fagstein: "CRTC changes its mind, gives TTP Media yet another extension on AM radio stations", November 3, 2015.
- Existing Montréal radio stations and surrounding areas - history - Canadian Communications Foundation
|This article about a radio station in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|