7486th Air Defense Group
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|7486th Air Defense Group|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Part of||United States Air Forces in Europe|
|Garrison/HQ||Landstuhl Air Base, West Germany|
The 7486th Air Defense Group is an inactive United States Air Force organization. Its last assignment was with the Twelfth Air Force, being stationed at Landstuhl Air Base, West Germany. It was inactivated on 12 September 1957.
- Established as 7486th Air Defense Group on 1 May 1954
- Redesignated as 7486th Air Base Group on 1 July 1955
- Inactivated on 12 September 1957
- Twelfth Air Force, 1 May 1954 – 12 September 1957
- 440th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, 2 December 1954 – 3 January 1956
- 496th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, 2 December 1954 – 3 January 1956
Provided Air Defense of Western Europe. Inactivated and units assigned to 86th Fighter-Interceptor Group.