This article does not cite any sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|AD 89 by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 89
|Ab urbe condita||842|
|Balinese saka calendar||10–11|
|Chinese calendar||戊子年 (Earth Rat)
2785 or 2725
— to —
己丑年 (Earth Ox)
2786 or 2726
|Coptic calendar||−195 – −194|
|- Vikram Samvat||145–146|
|- Shaka Samvat||10–11|
|- Kali Yuga||3189–3190|
|Iranian calendar||533 BP – 532 BP|
|Islamic calendar||549 BH – 548 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 89
|Minguo calendar||1823 before ROC
|Seleucid era||400/401 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||631–632|
215 or −166 or −938
— to —
216 or −165 or −937
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AD 89.|
AD 89 (LXXXIX) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Fulvus and Atratinus (or, less frequently, year 842 Ab urbe condita). The denomination AD 89 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- 1 January -- Lucius Antonius Saturninus incites a revolt against the Roman Emperor Domitian. It is suppressed by 24 January.
- Legio XIII Gemina is transferred to Dacia to help in the war against Decebalus.
- Aquincum (old Budapest, Óbuda) is founded.
- First year of Yongyuan era of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
- June – The Han Chinese army under Dou Xian (d. AD 92), allied with the southern Xiongnu, is victorious over the Northern Xiongnu in the Battle of Ikh Bayan.
- Change of Patriarch of Constantinople from Polycarpus to Plutarch.
- Publication in Syria or Phoenicia of the Gospel of Matthew by a converted Jewish scholar.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2016)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2016)