|Length||4.9 mi (7.9 km)|
|South end||A638 road|
The road is named "White Rose Way" north of the M18, and "Great Yorkshire Way" south of the M18.
21st century extensions
The upgrade of the part of the road from Lakeside Village Outlet to the M18 to dual carriageway was completed in June 2013.
The FARRRS project extends the route from M18 to Doncaster Sheffield Airport. Phase 1 opened between the M18 and Parrot's Corner in February 2016. Work on the second and final phase connecting the A638 and the airport began in June 2017 and was completed in June 2018.
Due to the nature of the road, a large number of industrial estates line the A6182, as well as the Lakeside Village and the main Royal Mail sorting office for Doncaster and most of East Yorkshire. British Telecom, Royal Bank of Scotland, Tesco Insurance and Direct Line possess large call centres situated just off the road. There is a new iPort near Rossington.
- "Directions to White Rose Way/A6182". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Finningley and Rossington Regeneration Route Scheme http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/farrrs
- "It is take off time for Yorkshire as new link to the motorway officially opens in Doncaster". Business Doncaster. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- "Work starts on second phase of Great Yorkshire Way link road to Doncaster Airport". Doncaster Free Express. Doncaster Free Express. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "Second phase of 'hugely significant' Great Yorkshire Way in Doncaster completed". BDaily News. BDaily News. Retrieved 18 June 2018.