AGV Sports Group
Extreme sports apparel
In 1947 Gino Amisano created AGV SpA. (Amisano Gino Valenza), a helmet manufacturer in Italy. In 1977 Michael Parrotte formed AGV USA after being granted the exclusive rights to distribute AGV helmets in the U.S. market by Gino Amisano, the founder of AGV. In 1985 AGV licensed AGV Sport to design and produce apparel and other products, excluding helmets, bearing the AGV name and trademark. The unique model of licensing the brand in different countries was the direct result of the original licensing agreement between AGV SpA and AGV Sports Group. By the early 1990s the AGVSPORT logo had replaced the AGV logo on most apparel for aesthetics reasons due to the different graphic requirements of apparel from helmets. From 1992 until 1995 AGV SpA in Italy owned a 51% stake in AGV Sports Group, Inc.
From 1985 to 1999, AGV Sports Group and AGV Helmets US office operated with the same management, offices, and warehouses. In 2001, the AGVSPORT brand name became a fully independent brand belonging to AGV Sports Group, Inc., a privately held US corporation.
In 2017 AGVSPORT America LLC purchased the rights for the AGVSPORT brand in the United States from AGV Sports Group, Inc. AGVSPORT America, LLC is a newly formed company with headquarters in the Dallas, Texas area. AGVSPORT America has assembled a team of industry professionals and enthusiasts focusing on growth of the brand in the US.
The AGVSPORT brand is distributed internationally through exclusive licensing contracts with current agreements with companies in Canada, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Italy, Malaysia, Korea, Mexico, India, Australia, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, Panama and Chile.
AGVSPORT has been the official leather manufacturer of Keith Code's California Superbike School since 1989. For more than 25 years the school have relied on the AGVSPORT suits to protect the hundreds of riders who pass through their school each season.
AGV Sports Group sponsored racers
AGV Sports Group has sponsored riders including road racers
- Troy Bayliss
- Randy Mamola
- Loris Capirossi
- Kurtis Roberts
- Ben Bostrom
- Eric Bostrom
- Roland Sands
- Miguel Duhamel
- Mat Mladin.
- "AGV Sports Group Presents their Collection". Motorsports News Wire. 4 November 2011. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "AGV Sport Rider support for 2013". Sport Rider.com. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "AGV Sport". Sport Bike Track Gear. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Motonation LLC Announces Exclusive Licensing Agreement". Motorcycle Cruiser. 9 June 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "More About AGV Sports". Moto World Racing. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "AGVSPORT Apparel Brand Has New Ownership in the U.S." M0torcyle & Powersports News. 20 September 2017.
- "Super Bike School Sponsors". Super Bike School. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "AGV Sport Offers $615,000 Contingency". motorcycle-usa.com. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Review: AGV Sport Tornado Perforated Leather Jacket". Road Runner. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "AGV Sport Offers $615,000 Contingency". Motorcycle USA. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "Sponsorship and Contingency Opportunity With AGV Sports". Motorcycle USA. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AGV Sport.|
- AGV Sports Group Official World Website
- AGV Sports Canada
- AGVSPORT America LLC United States
- AGV Sports Panama
- AGV Sports Ukraine
- AGV Sports Russia
- AGV Sports Korea
- AGV Sports India
- AGV Sports Thailand
- AGV Sports Australia
- AGV Sports Chile
- Michael Parrotte Official Website
- AGV Sport Spain Maximo Moto official