A Hundred Year Legacy
|A Hundred Year Legacy|
Promotional poster for A Hundred Year Legacy
|Also known as||
|Written by||Gu Hyun-sook|
|Directed by||Joo Sung-woo|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||50|
|Executive producer(s)||Lee Chang-seop|
|Production company(s)||Pan Entertainment|
|Original network||Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation|
|Original release||January 5– June 23, 2013|
|Revised Romanization||Baengnyeon-ui Yusan|
A Hundred Year Legacy (Hangul: 백년의 유산; RR: Baengnyeon-ui Yusan) is a 2013 South Korean television series starring Eugene and Lee Jung-jin. Revolving around themes of food, love and family, the warm human drama is about a modest Seoul noodle house that's been operated by the same family for three generations. It aired on MBC from January 5 to June 23, 2013 on Saturdays and Sundays at 21:50 for 50 episodes.
Min Chae-won is the eldest granddaughter of a family living in an outskirts of Seoul who have been running a noodle factory for three generations. Married for three years to Chul-gyu, whose rich family owns the major corporation Golden Dragon Food, Chae-won has had a difficult life because her mother-in-law fiercely opposed the match and would not accept her.
When her husband cheats on her, she detaches herself from her in-laws and decides to divorce him. Her mother-in-law has her falsely committed to a mental institution as revenge for the divorce. She returns to the noodle factory and struggles to modernize and expand it. Chae-won later meets Lee Se-yoon, the son of a wealthy household, who is infamous for his disparaging treatment of all those around him. They both nurse wounds from their past romantic relationships.
- Eugene as Min Chae-won
- Lee Jung-jin as Lee Se-yoon
- Choi Won-young as Kim Chul-gyu
- Yoon A-jung as Kim Joo-ri
- Shin Goo as Uhm Pyung-dal
- Jung Hye-sun as Kim Kkeut-soon
- Jung Bo-seok as Min Hyo-dong
- Jeon In-hwa as Yang Choon-hee
- Kim Myung-soo as Uhm Ki-moon
- Park Joon-geum as Do Do-hee
- Seo Young-hoon as Uhm Seul-hong
- Kwon Oh-joong as Uhm Ki-choon
- Kim Hee-jung as Gong Kang-sook
- Lee Tae-woo as Uhm Bo-reum
- Sunwoo Sun as Uhm Ki-ok
- Park Yeong-gyu as Kang Jin
- Cha Hwa-yeon as Baek Seol-joo
- Nam Myung-ryul as Lee Dong-kyu
- Park Won-sook as Bang Young-ja
- Gong Jung-hwan as Se-yoon's seonbae
- Hwang Sun-hee as Eun-seol
- Shim Yi-young as Ma Hong-joo
- Seo Kwon-soon as Hong-joo's mother
- Jeon Sung-ae as Mrs. Park
- Baek Bo-ram as shaman ("mudang")
- Min Joon-hyun as Chairman Bang's reporter
Awards and nominations
||Top Excellence Award, Actor||Lee Jung-jin||Won|
|Excellence Award, Actress||Eugene||Nominated|
|Best Production Director||Joo Sung-woo||Nominated|
||Excellence Award, Actress||Eugene||Nominated|
||Drama of the Year||A Hundred Year Legacy||Won|
|Top Excellence Award,
Actor in a Drama Serial
|Top Excellence Award,
Actress in a Drama Serial
|Golden Acting Award, Actor||Jung Bo-seok||Won|
|Writer of the Year||Gu Hyun-sook||Won|
|Lifetime Achievement Award||Park Won-sook||Won|
||Bronze Remi Award
for Dramatic TV Series
|A Hundred Year Legacy||Won|
- Philippines: GMA Network (under the title A 100-Year-Legacy) from November 4, 2013 to May 15, 2014 Monday to Thursday via the same network's primetime block.
- Singapore: VV Drama (under the title 百年的遗产; meaning A Century's Heritage) in mid-2014.
- Thailand: Channel 7 (under the title Likit Rak Fai Ris Saya; meaning Jealousy Fire) premiering August 2015.
- France: TF1, coming this 2016.
- Japan: Fuji Television, also coming this 2016.
- Hong Kong: TVB J2 (coming soon)
- Singapore: MediaCorp Channel U from July 19, 2016 Mondays to Fridays at 7pm.
- Ho, Stewart (November 22, 2012). "Eugene and Lee Jung Jin Cast in New MBC Drama, Third Generation Noodle House". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- Lee, Tae-ho (November 22, 2012). "Pieta Lead Actor, Former S.E.S Member Eugene Pair up for New Drama". TenAsia. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (December 8, 2012). "Third Generation Noodle House Holds First Script Reading". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (December 26, 2012). "Lee Jung Jin Back Hugs Eugene in 100 Years' Legacy Preview". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- Lee, Eun-ah (June 24, 2013). "A 100-Year Legacy Makes Strong Exit". TenAsia. Archived from the original on March 28, 2014. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (December 21, 2012). "MBC's Third Generation Noodle House Undergoes Drama Title Change to A Hundred Years' Legacy". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- Lee, Cory (December 31, 2013). "Ha Ji-won Receives Top Honor at 2013 MBC Drama Awards". TenAsia. Archived from the original on March 28, 2014. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- "A 100-Year Legacy Yoo Jin's Interview". MBC Global Media. January 17, 2013. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- "An interview with Eugene, singer-turned-actress". The Dong-a Ilbo. June 28, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- Jang, Seo-yoon (July 8, 2013). "INTERVIEW: Actress Eugene". TenAsia. Archived from the original on March 28, 2014. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (November 28, 2012). "Jung Bo Seok Cast as Eugene's Father on Third Generation Noodle House". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- "Korea Drama Awards 2013 Nominees". Beatus Corner. September 23, 2013. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- "Remi Winners". Worldfest-Houston. Archived from the original on January 26, 2016. Retrieved April 27, 2014.
- ""ภ.เกาหลีชุด "ลิขิตรัก ไฟริษยา" (A HUNDRED YEAR LEGACY) ตอน 5"". Channel 7. August 15, 2015. Thai: ภาษาไทย