I Am Sam (TV series)
|I am Sam|
|Also known as||I'm Sam
I am Your Teacher
|Based on||Kyōkasho ni Nai!
by Kazuto Okada
|Written by||Lee Jin-mae|
|Directed by||Kim Jung-gyu|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Running time||60 minutes on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 (KST)|
|Original release||August 6– October 2, 2007|
|Preceded by||Conspiracy in the Court|
|Followed by||Evasive Inquiry Agency|
I am Sam (Hangul: 아이엠샘; RR: A-i Em Saem) is a 2007 South Korean television series starring Yang Dong-geun, Park Min-young, Park Jun-gyu, Son Tae-young, and T.O.P in his acting debut. It aired on KBS2 from August 6 to October 2, 2007, on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes. Based on the Japanese comic series Kyōkasho ni Nai! (in English, Not in a Textbook! or Very Private Lesson), Yang plays a geeky, straight-arrowed, under-qualified high school teacher who becomes a live-in tutor for the troublemaking daughter of a notorious gangster, in exchange for one million won.
Yoo Jae-gon (Park Jun-gyu), head of an infamous gangster organization, becomes troubled by the future prospects of his only daughter, Eun-byul (Park Min-young), who refuses to study. Then coincidence or fate brings together Eun-byul and goofy-looking high school teacher Jang Yi-san (Yang Dong-geun) in a somewhat sticky situation. After finding out that Yi-san can actually inspire his troublesome daughter to focus on her studies, Jae-gon offers a deal to Yi-san: become his daughter's private tutor in exchange for one million won. The catch is Yi-san has to move in with her. And the money? It's given as security for his own life.
- Yang Dong-geun as Jang Yi-san
- Park Min-young as Yoo Eun-byul
- Son Tae-young as Shin So-yi
- Park Jun-gyu as Yoo Jae-gon (Eun-byul's father)
- T.O.P as Chae Moo-shin
- Park Chae-kyung as Min Sa-kang (Eun-byul's friend)
- Park Jae-jung as Kim Woo-jin (Mr. Yoo's right-hand man)
- Jo Hyang-ki as Hong Dae-ri (Mr. Yoo's assistant)
- Kwak Ji-min as Da-bin
- Dan Ji as Ye-bin
- Ban So-young as Hyo-bin
- Lee Min-ho as Heo Mo-se (Principal's son)
- Choi Jae-hwan as Han Tae-sung (Moo-shin's friend)
- Park Chul-ho as Kim In-seol
- Kim Yoo-bin as Kim Hee-chul
- Ryan as Ji Seon-hoo
- Kim Hong-shik as Park Nam-kyu
- Yoo Tae-woong as Go Dong-sool
- Choi Joo-bong as Heo Deok-bae (Principal)
- Park Sang-hyun as Park Han-suk
- Shin Pyo as Kang Ha
I Am Sam received average viewership ratings of around 6.5%.
- Title: Not in the Textbook! (also known as Very Private Lesson) (教科書にないッ! Kyōkasho ni Nai!?) (Hangul: 교과서엔 없어!; RR: Gyo-goa-seo-en Up-Sseo!)
- Original story: Kazuto Okada (岡田和人)
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Age rating: 10+
- Choi, April (31 July 2007). "Actor Yang Back in New Drama". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Yang Dong-geun Prepares to Release New Album". KBS Global. 4 October 2007. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Doll-Like Actress Park Min-young Captures Viewers' Hearts". KBS Global. 29 August 2007. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Popularity rating of dramas in 2007, from top 5 to bottom 5". Hancinema. 7 January 2008. Retrieved 2014-08-20.