|Native name||عبد الله السلوم|
August 28, 1981 Kuwait
|Education||Master of Business Administration MBA, BS in Computer Science BSCS, Certified International Project Manager CIPM.|
|Alma mater||Gulf University for Science and Technology, American Academy of Financial Management.|
|Occupation||Economist, entrepreneur, investor and author.|
|Organization||Kuwait Economic Society, Kuwait Information Technology Society.|
|Known for||Public domain dedication of new accounting techniques and publications on the principles of political economics.|
|Notable work||Kingdom Of The Vision, The Currency of Mount Serenity.|
|Family||Al Salloum, Wuhiba, Banu Tamim.|
Abdullah Al-Salloum (Arabic: عبد الله السلوم) (Tribe: Wuhiba, Banu Tamim) (born Abdullah Salim Abdullah Al-Salloum, August 28, 1981) is a Kuwaiti economist, entrepreneur, investor and author, who is known for his publications on the principles of political economics as well as for originating new accounting techniques that have been dedicated to public domain as part of social responsibility.
Kuwaiti vision 2035
Al-Salloum believes that Kuwaiti Vision 2035 has not followed the minimum standards of the sustainable development vision concept. His rationale was based on the insufficient methodology used to set the goals of that vision; by which a vision is just a collection of goals that will definitely be achieved once previously planned giant and large projects are executed. Hence, this vision would not require a real strategy to follow other than waiting.
Saudi vision 2030
Unlike Kuwaiti Vision 2035, Al-Salloum sees Saudi Vision 2030 as a vision that follows reasonable standards of the sustainable development vision concept; defending most of its strategies in a book of six chapters. The reason behind having Al-Salloum focusing on the Saudi Arabian economy is the belief that Kuwait's economy, once sustainable, will be attached to the closest largest economy, Saudi Arabian.
Al-Salloum's advised that following the leads of macroeconomic theories will be of an added value in moving the GCC economy from oil-based to diversified. Except for Kuwait, the decision-making process in all other GCC is centralized, where following those leads – in a direct manner – can be feasibly accomplished. For Kuwait's case, however, and because of the very distributed decision-making process made by democracy, following those leads to have an effective economic reform must have a prior political reform.
- Kingdom Of The Vision (Arabic: مملكة الرؤية): (Subtitled: Within The Conflicts Of Sustainability And Rent - Arabic: بين مصارع الريعية والاستدامة) (ISBN 978-0692144862) An economic book that extensively elaborates on Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030; linking its strategy to macroeconomics' theories. The title was ranked as best-seller on Jamalon – middle-east's largest online book retailer – as well as on Amazon's Arabic books' category.
- The Currency of Mount Serenity (Arabic: مال جبال السكينة): A novel (Subtitled: The monetary system: from favor to post-tar-inar eras - Arabic: النظام المالي بين حقبتي الامتنان وما بعد الزفتينار) (ISBN 978-9996617980) that interprets – in a virtual world – the historic development eras of the real monetary system. The title was ranked as best-seller on Jamalon; middle-east's largest online books retailer.
- Cryptocurrencies In The Era Of Fiat Money – The Economic Conference, Riyadh Bank's Diamond Banking Launch Ceremonies:
- Saudi Aramco: Borrowing To Repurchase – (February 2018) Alphabeta Argaam
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship Remains Rentier – (February 2018) Alphabeta Argaam
- Scarcity In Fiat And Virtual Currencies – (January 2018) Alphabeta Argaam
- Ripple: The Highest ROI In 2017 – (January 2018) Alvexo News
- Bitcoin: Where to? – (December 2017) Alvexo News
- Saudi Arabian 2017-2018 Annual Report – (December 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Anti-Corruption In Saudi Aramco's Listing Equation – (November 2017) Alvexo News
- NEOM: Singapore Of The Red Sea – (October 2017) Alvexo News
- Baitek And Ahli United: Merger And Acquisition – (October 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Non-Rentier Vs. Sustainability – (October 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Reduction Of Retirement Age: The Actuarial Perspective – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Diseconomies Of Scale In E-Businesses – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Artificial Intelligence In Business Decision Making – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- JASTA And The IPO Of Saudi Aramco – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Pricey Criteria Towards Reasoning – (August 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Islamic Finance and ISIS – (July 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Wobbling Bridge – (July 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Technical Analysis On Thursday's Plate – (June 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Sustainability Of Mash And An Actuarial Cinnamon – (June 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Sovereign Funds, And Youth – (May 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Your Highness, Don't Use Others' Excuse! – (May 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Injustice Towards The Minister – (May 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Citizens And Expatriates Are Equal Towards A Country's Wealth – (April 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Economic Philosophy And Monetary Systems – (April 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Santiago And The Investments Of Our Sovereign Funds – (March 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- The Sustainability Of A Competitive Business Environment And Foreign Residents – (March 2017) Aljarida Newspaper
- The Valuation Of Saudi Aramco – (March 2017) Alqabas and Elaph Newspapers
- Our Vision And Theirs – (February 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
Al-Salloum has developed – then dedicated to public domain – new accounting techniques using an open-source code and gave it a – CC0 – license to be developed and republished as part of social responsibility. The techniques help businesspeople to easily create qualified and advanced feasibility studies (managerial, technical, financial and market feasibility, as well as pricing mechanism) by inserting basic information. These techniques also assist Households rationalize their Expenses, to either raise savings or lower liabilities, with a minimum lifestyle change. The techniques have expanded to determine the valuation of running businesses for the purpose of acquisition or sale; creating more efficient negotiation outcomes. Al-Salloum has given free workshops on how such techniques can be utilized to get more realistic and reasonable results.
- Kuwait Times, Newspaper (2018-09-02). "Kuwaiti economist explains how Kuwait can benefit from Saudi's vision in new book - Kuwait Times". kuwaittimes.com. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- Aljarida, Newspaper (2017-07-31). "The Currency of Mount Serenity: Mixture of Fiction and Reality". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Abdullah Bin Salim Al-Salloum". alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Aljarida, Newspaper. "Abdullah Bin Salim Al-Salloum". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Alphabeta, Argaam. "Abdullah Bin Salim Al-Salloum". alphabeta.argaam.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- Alvexo, News. "Abdullah Al-Salloum". alvexo.ae (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- Al-Jazira, Newspaper (2017-08-14). "The Currency of Mount Serenity Hits Bestseller on Jamalon". al-jazirah.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Workshop To Train Entrepreneurs Create Advanced Feasibility Studies". alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- Aljarida, Newspaper. "Al-Salloum: Developing Feasibility Study Tool for Entrepreneurs". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- Aljarida, Newspaper (2017-04-30). "New Technique Reduces The Difficulties of Feasibility Studies". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Almnatiq, Newspaper (2017-04-30). "Feasibility Studies for Small Businesses". almnatiq.net (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Aljarida, Newspaper. ""Kingdom Of The Vision" Observes Economic Changes In Saudi Arabia". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- Newspaper, Alqabas. "Kingdom Of The Vision: For A Sustainable Development" (PDF). Alqabas Newspaper. Edition 16218 - Thursday, July 26th, 2018: Page 14.
- Okaz, Newspaper (2017-08-06). "Al-Salloum Narrates History of The Monetary System Through The Currency of Mount Serenity". okaz.com.sa (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Alyaum, Newspaper (2017-08-07). "The Currency of Mount Serenity: Mixture of Economics and Literature". alyaum.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Riyadh Bank Celebrates Launch Of Diamond Banking". alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- Shula, Newspaper (2017-04-30). "Youth Startups: The Importance of Feasibility Studies". shulanews.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Al-Salloum Develops A Business Valuation Technique". Alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved 2018-02-20.