عبد الله السلوم
|Born||KuwaitAugust 28, 1981|
|Education||Master of Business Administration MBA, BS in Computer Science BSCS, Certified International Project Manager CIPM.|
|Alma mater||Gulf University for Science and Technology, American Academy of Financial Management.|
|Occupation||Economist, entrepreneur, investor and author.|
|Organization||Kuwait Economic Society, Kuwait Information Technology Society.|
|Known for||Public domain dedication of new accounting techniques and publications on the principles of political economics.|
|Dhammin, Kuwait of the Sustainability, Kingdom Of The Vision, The Currency of Mount Serenity.|
|Family||Al Salloum, Wuhiba, Banu Tamim.|
Abdullah Al-Salloum (Arabic: عبد الله السلوم; Tribe: Wuhiba, Banu Tamim; born Abdullah Salim Abdullah Al-Salloum, August 28, 1981) is a Kuwaiti economist, entrepreneur, investor and author, who is known for his publications on the principles of political economics as well as for originating new accounting techniques that have been dedicated to public domain as part of social responsibility.
- 1 Early life and education
- 2 Views
- 3 Seminars
- 4 Publications
- 5 Dhammin
- 6 Accounting techniques
- 7 Awards
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Early life and education
Al-Salloum was born on August 28, 1981 in Kuwait. He earned his master's degree in business administration and his bachelor's degree in computer science from Gulf University for Science and Technology. He's also earned a certification of international project management from the American Academy of Financial Management.
Economy of Kuwait
In a study he has published in Alqabas newspaper, Al-Salloum illustrated how the economy of Kuwait is driven by formulas whose heavy-weighted variables are out of local control. He demonstrated how the factors of those variables are changing in an exponential manner; pressuring future economic circumstances to be even more severe. He concluded that future economy-related decisions must consider a sustainable positive outcome for the gross domestic product equation, which only occurs by stimulating exports, shortening imports, or both concurrently.
Kuwaiti vision 2035
Al-Salloum believes that Kuwaiti Vision 2035 has not followed the minimum standards of the sustainable development vision concept. His rationale was based on the insufficient methodology used to set the goals of that vision; by which a vision is just a collection of goals that will definitely be achieved once previously planned giant and large projects are executed. Hence, this vision would not require a real strategy to follow other than waiting.
Saudi vision 2030
Unlike Kuwaiti Vision 2035, Al-Salloum sees Saudi Vision 2030 as a vision that follows reasonable standards of the sustainable development vision concept; defending most of its strategies in a book of six chapters. The reason behind having Al-Salloum focusing on the Saudi Arabian economy is the belief that Kuwait's economy, once sustainable, will be attached to the closest largest economy, Saudi Arabian.
Al-Salloum's advised that following the leads of macroeconomic theories will be of an added value in moving the GCC economy from oil-based to diversified. Except for Kuwait, the decision-making process in all other GCC is centralized, where following those leads – in a direct manner – can be feasibly accomplished. For Kuwait's case, however, and because of the very distributed decision-making process made by democracy, following those leads to have an effective economic reform must have a prior political reform.
Early retirement bill
Despite the 90% government-parliament consensus on Early Retirement Bill, Al-Salloum believes such a bill should be disregarded unless there will be real political outcomes exceeding future economic losses. He sees that, if the bill passes, the Public Institution For Social Security will accelerate towards an actuarial deficit that is predicted in 2067; making it less independent and more reliant on government treasury to cover its shortages. Al-Salloum's advised that the presence of actuarial figures in governmental-parliamentary committees would fill in the gap between the two authorities in this matter. He also advised that inefficient financial management and corruption within governmental institutions must not be an excuse to pass such bills, including Loans Dropping Bill. Legislations should consider those issues instead.
Belt and road initiative
In an interview with Xinhua, Al-Salloum stated that the Belt and Road Initiative can help create jobs, increase net exports, and attract even more foreign investments, which by the end increase the overall gross domestic product. In the interview, he stated that China has the expertise, manpower and industrial and logistic production ingredients, which crave entering a market or creating a new one. Kuwait, on the other hand, according to his opinion, has a good location that can be utilized to create mutual interests for both countries. Hence, he sees cooperation with China will have a positive impact on the development in Kuwait and leads the country to be more exposed and to prompt legislations to facilitate international trade.
U.S. Chinese tariffs
In another interview with Xinhua, Al-Salloum showed his visualization of China overcoming the tariffs crisis as its products are no longer globally seen as second-class, which can be justified by the improved utilization of expertise and research and development it has. He brought up Apple as an example where products are marketed as designed in California and assembled in China.
- The Economic Debate, Dasman Forum – February the 23rd, 2019 – by the National Union of Kuwaiti Students in the United States – NUKS USA –. Held in Colorado Springs, Colorado, US. Key speakers:
- Mr. Dawood Marafie, Chairman of Kuwait's Society of SME's, Kuwait.
- Mr. Abdullah Al-Salloum, Economist, Kuwait.
- The Actuarial Implications Of Early Retirement – The Economic Seminar on the Early Retirement Bill, Kuwait Economic Society, January the 6th, 2019. Key speakers:
- Cryptocurrencies In The Era Of Fiat Money – The Economic Conference, Riyadh Bank's Diamond Banking Launch Ceremonies:
- Kuwait of the Sustainability (Arabic: كويت الاستدامة): (Subtitled: Vision of a people, from and to them. - Arabic: رؤية شعب، منه وإليه.) (ISBN 978-1732537538) A political economic book that extensively highlights the Kuwaiti economy in particular, aiming at clarifying the concept of sound economic vision through radical solutions targeting macro-economic issues of the state. In this title, which is introduced with appraisals by Prof. Ghanim Al-Najjar – the political science professor at Kuwait University –, Ali Al-Sanad, Ph.D. – the Islamic studies professor at the General Authority for Applied Education and Training –, and Mr. Mohammed Al-Yousifi – the historical researcher and political analyst –, Al-Salloum looks forward to raise the awareness of the economic sense; in a way that makes individuals see and understand the consequences of political and administrative decision-making outcomes, build their own view and critical opinion while being fully aware of the subject matter. The title concludes that moving Kuwait from rent to sustainability requires a major reform at the macro-economic level, a reform whose impact would wipe all political, organizational behavioral, and micro-economic obstacles facing the state.
- Kingdom of the Vision (Arabic: مملكة الرؤية): (Subtitled: Within The Conflicts Of Sustainability And Rent - Arabic: بين مصارع الريعية والاستدامة) (ISBN 978-0692144862) An economic book that extensively elaborates on Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030; linking its strategy to macroeconomics' theories. The title was ranked as best-seller on Jamalon – middle-east's largest online book retailer – as well as on Amazon's Arabic books' category.
- The Currency of Mount Serenity (Arabic: مال جبال السكينة): A novel (Subtitled: The monetary system: from favor to post-tar-inar eras - Arabic: النظام المالي بين حقبتي الامتنان وما بعد الزفتينار) (ISBN 978-9996617980) that interprets – in a virtual world – the historic development eras of the real monetary system. The title was ranked as best-seller on Jamalon; middle-east's largest online books retailer.
- Economy of Kuwait Is Driven By Out-of-Control Variables – (August 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- KOTS Series: Management In Rentier State II – (November 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- KOTS Series: Management In Rentier State I – (November 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- May God Help You, First Northen Zour – (September 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- KOTS Series: Society In Rentier State II – (October 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- KOTS Series: Society In Rentier State I – (October 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- KOTS Series: Realization Moment – (September 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- KOTS Series: Introduction – (September 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- We're The Healing That We Don't See, The Disease That We Don't Feel – (September 2019) Alqabas Newspaper
- Actuarial Implications Of Early Retirement Bill – (January 2019) Aljarida Newspaper
- Loans Dropping, As If Abu Zaid Did Not Invade – (December 2018) Aljarida Newspaper
- Between The Scarcity Of Housing And Aunt Hissa's Mash, There Is A Long Story – (December 2018) Aljarida Newspaper
- Democracy And Rentier State Do Not Converge – (December 2018) Aljarida Newspaper
- No Sustainability Without Private Sector's Exports – (November 2018) Aljarida Newspaper
- Constitution's Knight: The Game's Pawn – (November 2018) Aljarida Newspaper
- Saudi Aramco: Borrowing To Repurchase – (February 2018) Alphabeta Argaam
- Accelerating Entrepreneurship Remains Rentier – (February 2018) Alphabeta Argaam
- Scarcity In Fiat And Virtual Currencies – (January 2018) Alphabeta Argaam
- Ripple: The Highest ROI In 2017 – (January 2018) Alvexo News
- Bitcoin: Where to? – (December 2017) Alvexo News
- Saudi Arabian 2017-2018 Annual Report – (December 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Anti-Corruption In Saudi Aramco's Listing Equation – (November 2017) Alvexo News
- NEOM: Singapore Of The Red Sea – (October 2017) Alvexo News
- Baitek And Ahli United: Merger And Acquisition – (October 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Non-Rentier Vs. Sustainability – (October 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Reduction Of Retirement Age: The Actuarial Perspective – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Diseconomies Of Scale In E-Businesses – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Artificial Intelligence In Business Decision Making – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- JASTA And The IPO Of Saudi Aramco – (September 2017) Alphabeta Argaam
- Pricey Criteria Towards Reasoning – (August 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Islamic Finance and ISIS – (July 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Wobbling Bridge – (July 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Technical Analysis On Thursday's Plate – (June 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Sustainability Of Mash And An Actuarial Cinnamon – (June 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Sovereign Funds, And Youth – (May 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Your Highness, Don't Use Others' Excuse! – (May 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Injustice Towards The Minister – (May 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Citizens And Expatriates Are Equal Towards A Country's Wealth – (April 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Economic Philosophy And Monetary Systems – (April 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- Santiago And The Investments Of Our Sovereign Funds – (March 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
- The Sustainability Of A Competitive Business Environment And Foreign Residents – (March 2017) Aljarida Newspaper
- The Valuation Of Saudi Aramco – (March 2017) Alqabas and Elaph Newspapers
- Our Vision And Theirs – (February 2017) Alqabas Newspaper
Al-Salloum has founded Dhammin (Arabic: ضمّن); a smart political platform that manages candidates' electoral campaigns for the National Assembly, Municipal Council or Cooperative Society councils. It has been stated in news reports and interviews that the platform is the first within the field to apply distributed-systems' methodologies.
Al-Salloum has developed – then dedicated to public domain – new accounting techniques using an open-source code and gave it a – CC0 – license to be developed and republished as part of social responsibility. The techniques help businesspeople to easily create qualified and advanced feasibility studies (managerial, technical, financial and market feasibility, as well as pricing mechanism) by inserting basic information. These techniques also assist Households rationalize their Expenses, to either raise savings or lower liabilities, with a minimum lifestyle change. The techniques have expanded to determine the valuation of running businesses for the purpose of acquisition or sale; creating more efficient negotiation outcomes. Al-Salloum has given free workshops on how such techniques can be utilized to get more realistic and reasonable results.
In November 2019, Al-Salloum, as the author of these accounting techniques, received the Award of Youth Volunteer and Humanitarian Initiatives Forum, along with 14 others out of 620 initiatives participating from 16 different Arab countries.
- Kuwait Times, Newspaper (September 2, 2018). "Kuwaiti economist explains how Kuwait can benefit from Saudi's vision in new book - Kuwait Times". kuwaittimes.com. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Aljarida, Newspaper (July 31, 2017). "The Currency of Mount Serenity: Mixture of Fiction and Reality". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- Al-Jazira, Newspaper (August 14, 2017). "The Currency of Mount Serenity Hits Bestseller on Jamalon". al-jazirah.com (in Arabic). Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Workshop To Train Entrepreneurs Create Advanced Feasibility Studies". alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Aljarida, Newspaper. "Al-Salloum: Developing Feasibility Study Tool for Entrepreneurs". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- Aljarida, Newspaper (April 30, 2017). "New Technique Reduces The Difficulties of Feasibility Studies". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Almnatiq, Newspaper (April 30, 2017). "Feasibility Studies for Small Businesses". almnatiq.net (in Arabic). Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- Alqabas, Newspaper (November 20, 2018). "Abdullah Al-Salloum: Knowledge for the Public Benefit". alqabas.com. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- Aliqtisadi, Business Gate. "Who Is Abdullah Al-Salloum?". aliqtisadi.com (in Arabic). Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- Aljazeera, Network. "Bitcoin Star in Kuwait Sky". aljazeera.net (in Arabic). Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Abdullah Al-Salloum: Economy of Kuwait Is Driven By Out-of-Control Variables". alqabas.com. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- Alanba, Newspaper. "Al-Hajraf: 7 Features Of Early Retirement And No Less Rights". alanba.com.kw (in Arabic). Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- Alrai, Newspaper. "Al-Hajraf: 90% Is The Consensus On "Early Retirement"". alraimedia.com. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Kuwait Economic Society Hosts Seminar On Early Retirement". alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "Interview: BRI lessens Kuwait's reliance on oil exports -- Kuwaiti expert - Xinhua | English.news.cn". www.xinhuanet.com. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- China Network, News. "Belt and road initiative lessens GCC's reliance on oil exports". m.arabic.china.org.cn. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- "Interview: U.S. crackdown on Chinese imports typical economic bullying -- expert - Xinhua | English.news.cn". www.xinhuanet.com. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- Alanba, Newspaper. "NUKS USA Organizes Dasman Forum". alanba.com.kw (in Arabic). Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- Annahar, Media. "Kuwait Economic Society Hosts Seminar On Early Retirement Bill". annaharkw.com. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Riyadh Bank Celebrates Launch Of Diamond Banking". alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Al-Salloum issues "Kuwait of the Sustainability"". alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- Al-Seyassah, Newspaper (November 14, 2018). "Kuwait of the Sustainability: National vision for a real economic reform". al-seyassah.com. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- DasmanNews, Newspaper (November 24, 2018). "Abdullah Al-Salloum Issues The Title "Kuwait of the Sustainability"". dasmannews.com.
- Kuwaiti Almada, Newspaper (November 24, 2018). "Abdullah Al-Salloum issues "Kuwait of the Sustainability"". almada.cc.
- Aljarida, Newspaper. ""Kingdom Of The Vision" Observes Economic Changes In Saudi Arabia". aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- Newspaper, Alqabas. "Kingdom Of The Vision: For A Sustainable Development" (PDF). Alqabas Newspaper. Edition 16218 - Thursday, July 26th, 2018: Page 14.
- Okaz, Newspaper (August 6, 2017). "Al-Salloum Narrates History of The Monetary System Through The Currency of Mount Serenity". okaz.com.sa (in Arabic). Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- Alyaum, Newspaper (August 7, 2017). "The Currency of Mount Serenity: Mixture of Economics and Literature". alyaum.com (in Arabic). Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- Omar, Faten (July 11, 2019). "App aims to help candidates get elected in Kuwait". Kuwait Times Newspaper. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- Al-Mutairi, Yousif (June 27, 2019). "Al-Salloum to Alqabas: Dhammin manages political campaigns with less costs". Alqabas Newspaper. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- Jawahiri, Ahmed. "Kuwaiti researcher founded a smart platform for political campaigning". Sabr News (in Arabic). Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- Shula, Newspaper (April 30, 2017). "Youth Startups: The Importance of Feasibility Studies". shulanews.com (in Arabic). Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- Alqabas, Newspaper. "Al-Salloum Develops A Business Valuation Technique". Alqabas.com (in Arabic). Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Kuwait News Agency, KUNA. "Youth Volunteer And Humanitarian Initiatives Forum Honors Winners".
- "Forum of Youth Initiatives Honors Winners". www.aljarida.com (in Arabic). Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Alrai, Newspaper. "Media Forum Honors Arab Volunteer Initiatives".
- Alanba, Newspaper. "Winners In Youth Volunteer and Humanitarian Initiatives Forum". alanba.com.kw (in Arabic). Retrieved November 11, 2019.