|Directed by||Paruchuri Murali|
|Produced by||M. L. Padma Kumar Chowdhary|
(story /screenplay/ dialogues)
|Music by||Kalyani Malik|
|Cinematography||T. Surender Reddy|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
Sree Keerthi Creations
BlueSky Cinemas (USA)
|Budget||₹28 crore (US$3.9 million)|
Adhinayakudu is a 2012 Telugu Action film, produced by M. L. Padma Kumar Chowdhary on Sree Keerthi Creations banner and directed by Parachuri Murali. Starring Nandamuri Balakrishna, Jayasudha, Lakshmi Rai, Saloni in the lead roles and music composed by Kalyani Malik. Vijay Kumar has done the camera work. Balakrishna has played three different roles as a grandfather, father and grandson for the first time on celluloid screen. The film was later dubbed into Hindi under the title The Action Man Adhinayakudu by Goldmines Telefilms in 2014. Adhinayakudu was made with a lavish budget of ₹28 crore (US$3.9 million).
Harischandra Prasad (Nandamuri Balakrishna) is an influential leader in Rayalaseema and he treats all his people as his children. To provide jobs to them, he decides to build a huge steel plant with the assistance of foreign collaborators. But Ramappa (Pradeep Rawat) and his assistant (Kota Srinivasa Rao) oppose this. They hatch a plan to eliminate him. His son Ramakrishna (Nandamuri Balakrishna) thwart the villain's plans. But the story takes a cruel twist as the villains strike at the heart of the family by using Bobby (Nandamuri Balakrishna). When Bobby was a small Kid the villains kidnap him and threaten Ramakrishna to leave his father and save Bobby. Although Harischandra Prasad has no love on Ramakrishna, he loved his father and for fulfilling his father's wishes he stands to protect and Bobby is said to be escaped from the house. But Ramappa and his followers make Bobby a professional killer at the age of 12 by another killer (Charanraj) and use him to kill Harischandra Prasad. The whole family except Ramakrishna and his step-brother (Rahman) is unaware that Bobby killed Harischandra Prasad.
Now Bobby is an adult and is a high-profile professional killer and returns to his land with the help of his newly found friend Deepu (Lakshmi Rai) who share mutual love interest. His mission, in short, is to protect his father from Ramappa. In this process it is revealed to the family members of Harischandra Prasad and the people that Bobby killed Harischandra Prasad and Moreover, the antagonists frame Ramakrishna as the man behind the Death of Harischandra. Frustrated and deeply hurt by this, Ramakrishna's Step Mother (Jayasudha) and wife (Sukanya) and the people expel the both and police arrest them and take them away for a secret encounter by Ramappa. Seeing this all, Ramakrishna's stepbrother, who was paralyzed earlier in attempt to catch Bobby during the murder of Harischandra, springs back to life and reveals the whole truth to his family and the people. Meanwhile, Ramkrishna and Bobby team up and kill all the enemies together. Later Ramakrishna's stepmother apologizes for the ill-treatment by her and orders him to fulfill his dead father's wishes.
- Nandamuri Balakrishna as Harishchandra Prasad/Rama Krishna Prasad/Bobby (Triple role)
- Lakshmi Rai as Deepti
- Jayasudha as Lakshmi
- Sukanya as Rama Krishna Prasad's wife
- Saloni as Shravani
- Pradeep Rawat as Ramappa
- Adithya as Ramappa's brother
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Politician
- Venu Madhav as Petty thief
- Brahmanandam as Bramhi
- Charanraj as Professional killer
- M. S. Narayana
- Sabbah as a Secretary
- Rahman as Rama Krishna Prasad's brother
- Murali Sharma as Police officer
- Art: Chinna
- Choreography: Nobel, Prem Rakshith, Raghu, Papi
- Stills: Raghunath Jupalli
- Fights: Ram Lakshman
- Lyrics: Bhaskarabhatla, Ramajogayya Sastry
- Playback:SP Balu, Mano, Kalyani Malik, Rita, Chaitra Ambadipudi, Neha
- Music: Kalyani Malik
- Editing: Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao
- Cinematography: T. Surendra Reddy
- Producer: M. L. Padma Kumar Chowdhary
- Story - Screenplay - Dialogues - Director: Parachuri Murali
- Banner: Sree Keerthi Creations
- Release Date: 1st June 2012
|Soundtrack album by Kalyani Malik|
|Released||8 March 2012|
|Kalyani Malik chronology|
Music composed by Kalyani Malik. Music released on ADITYA Music Company.
|1.||"Olammi Ammi"||Bhaskarabhatla||SP Balu, Rita||4:30|
|2.||"Guruda Itu Raaraa"||Bhaskarabhatla||Mano, Rita||4:11|
|4.||"Mast Jawani"||Ramajogayya Sastry||SP Balu, Chaitra Ambadipudi||3:53|
|5.||"Andam Aakumadi"||Bhaskarabhatla||Mano, Neha||3:49|
The film was released on 1 June 2012 worldwide after so many postponements. Adhinayakudu was made with a lavish budget of ₹ 28 crores. Reliance entertainment was the distributor of the film.
Film was critically panned by many reviewers for its lack of fresh ideas and presentation. It was viewed as a rehash of many of Balakrishna's previous movies. The Times of India website gave an average rating of 2.5/5 for the film. The CNN-IBN website stated that "Adhinayakudu doesn't deserve any special mention due to its tried and tested old storyline". The NDTV Movies website stated that "Ironically, Adhinayakudu is a travesty of a film". The "SuperGoodMovies" website also gave an average rating of 2.5/5 for the film.
- VCDs and DVDs on - Santosh Videos, Hyderabad
- B.V.S., Prakash. "Reliance comes to T'town". Deccan Chronicle. Archived from the original on 12 May 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "News : Adhinayakudu in US by BlueSky". Telugucinema.com. Archived from the original on 24 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "Adinayakudu – Telugu Movie Reviews, Trailers, Wallpapers, Photos, Cast & Crew, Story & Synopsis – entertainment.oneindia.in". Social Post. Popcorn.oneindia.in. Archived from the original on 24 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "Adhinayakudu will be biggest hit: Producer – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 12 December 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-17.
- "'Adhinayakudu' to have lot of masala and politics". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- "Adhinayakudu". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Telugu Review: 'Adhinayakudu' is a family drama". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Adhinayakudu movie review". NDTV. 2 June 2012. Archived from the original on 3 June 2012.
- "Adhinayakudu Review – Balakrishna Movie". Supergoodmovies.com. 1 June 2012.