Myat Min Thura
|Born||May 7, 1984|
Adrian Zaw has worked with web series producer Andy Dugan for the web series "Satacracy 88" as the character of "Ariel Zim". The series took home the first-ever Emmy for Outstanding Broadband Drama of 2007 for a Web Series. That same year, the series won the Webby Award for Best Dramatic Online Film and Video.
Soon after, he found himself working alongside director Adrian Picardi, whom he introduced to producers Don Le and Eric Ro, which led them all to create a low-budget web series called The Resistance. Picardi was the series' official creator and director. The series started off as 4 short online teasers featured on YouTube. On the show, he plays the main villain, Syrus Primoris, the ruler of a nation called Aurordeca in the pursuit of immortality. The only thing standing in his way is a band of freedom fighters called "ARM Members". Before filming the actual web show, the series was picked up by Sam Raimi’s Ghost House Pictures and Starz Media, after executives at Starz and Ghost House viewed "The Resistance" teasers online. The web show airs on October 4, 2010, on the SyFy channel as a one-hour television pilot along with being released in its original 8 episodic form on iTunes, Xbox Live, and the PlayStation Network. "The Resistance" is Executive Produced by Ben Ketai, Scott Bayless, Scott Rogers, with producers Aaron Lam, Eric Ro, and Associate Producer Don Le. The pilot will reportedly make history, as it's the first time a series created originally for the web will first premiere on television.
In 2010, under the Teddy Zee Productions banner, Zaw produced a series of charity PSA videos alongside Teddy Zee (Hitch/Pursuit of Happyness), Don Le, and APEX and invitation-only social network Privy.net founder Stephen Liu. He helped produce the 20+ clips that featured Asian American celebrities like John Cho, Sandra Oh, Kaba Modern Legacy, Justin Chon, David Choi, and 100+ talents in a campaign to win $1 million for the Center for the Pacific Asian Family (CPAF). The charity ended up in the top 20 out of 100 charities competing for the top prize, and ended up creating awareness for the widespread but generally unspoken issues of sexual assault and domestic violence.
Currently, Zaw works alongside numerous production companies including Fusion3 Media to produce projects of all kinds.
- The Resistance (2010) -- Syrus Primoris
- Lovebot (2009) -- Adrian Lee
- Hollywood Confidential (2008) -- Tiger
- Retribution (2007) – Gorgan
- Satacracy 88 (2007) – Ariel Zim
- The Kiss (2007) – Jerry
- Fright Club (2006) – Detective Frank N. Shan
- Anesthesia (2006) – Nurse
- American Dreamz (2006) – Video Audition
- http://news.tubefilter.tv/2010/09/17/the-resistance-debuts-on-syfy-first-internet-second/ - "The Resistance" makes history
- "Satacracy 88" – via www.imdb.com.
-  Archived April 29, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived May 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- scottgreen. "AICN Anime - A Sci-Fi Survey with 7 Billion Needles, Twin Spica, Saturn Apartments & Gantz, Plus..." Aint It Cool News.
- "Starz Wants You To Join The Resistance". CINEMABLEND. 20 September 2010.
- Szalai, Georg (2010-10-14). "'Resistance' Web series tests TV waters". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Szalai, Georg (2010-09-18). "'Resistance' Web series from Starz Media tests TV waters". The Washington Post.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-09-26. Retrieved 2010-09-23.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Yahoo News Article - "The Resistance"
- http://pubsub.com/%E2%80%98The-Resistance%E2%80%99-Debuts-on-Syfy-First-Internet-Second_Tech-Articles-Featured-bi6vIa50Zgc,lHWBlzUCg8mE Archived 2011-04-30 at the Wayback Machine
- "Asian American: Stephen C Liu". goldsea.com.
- [permanent dead link]
- Silver, Curtis (2010-01-19). "Twilight Star Justin Chon Talks Charity, Eclipse". Wired.
- "YouTube All Stars United Against Violence". 8Asians. 2010-01-18. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "CPAF Press Kit". Teddy Zee. 2010-01-18. Archived from the original on 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Asian Celebrities Are United Against Violence". Allkpop. 2010-01-19. Archived from the original on 21 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "LAST DAY - Vote for CPAF NOW – make a difference!". Allkpop. 2010-01-21. Archived from the original on 24 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-09. Retrieved 2011-10-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)