The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2022)
|Headquarters||Waltham, Massachusetts, United States|
Number of locations
|Milan Shetti (President and CEO)|
Jay Leader (SVP, Chief Customer Officer)
Number of employees
Rocket Software is a privately held software development firm founded in 1990. Using the IBM Z, IBM Power, and embedded database platforms, Rocket provides predictive analytics with deep data, develop AI and machine learning capabilities, and design mobile and browser applications. Rocket operates in markets including the financial, banking, health care, government, insurance, aerospace, auto manufacturing, and retail industries. Rocket has a business partnership with IBM that began in 1994 with a licensing agreement for Rocket QMF tools. The company is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.
Rocket's software runs on multiple platforms and operating systems, including mainframe, IBM z/OS, IBM i, UNIX, Windows and other platforms and offers tools to access non-SQL data with standard SQL queries.
Since 2013 when the list was inaugurated, Rocket was included in Database Trends and Applications magazine's annual “DBTA 100,” a list of the companies that matter most in data.
In 2017, former Rocket CEO Andy Youniss was named a New England Entrepreneur of the Year by professional services firm EY. Youniss was also presented the Leadership Award by Boston-based food rescue nonprofit Lovin' Spoonfuls in November 2017.[third-party source needed]
In December 2017, Rocket was named Ellucian Growth Partner of the Year for providing support to the higher education IT services company in its transition to its current cloud-based service offerings and SaaS licensing model.[third-party source needed]
In 2020, Rocket was named in Inc.'s list of America's 1,000 Largest and Most Inspiring Private Companies.
- "Rocket Software Launches ASG-Enterprise Orchestrator 4.3.0 to Accelerate Delivery of Innovation". Yahoo! Finance. June 7, 2022. Retrieved June 9, 2022.
- Wells, Joyce (2017-06-15). "DBTA 100 2017". DBTA. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Andy Youniss - Rocket Software". Boston Business Journal. 2017-06-28. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Boston-Based Lovin Spoonfuls Gives Leadership Award to Rocket Software CEO Andy Youniss". BusinessWire. 2017-11-06. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "Rocket Software Named Ellucian Growth Partner of the Year". BusinessWire. 2017-12-04. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "Rocket Software Inc's 1000". 24 March 2020.
- "Rocket Software Acquires Zumasys DB & Tools". 14 Oct 2021.