Ahmed Santos (militant)
|Ahmed Islam del Rosario Santos|
|Born||Hilarion del Rosario Santos III
March 12, 1966 
Caloocan, Metro Manila, Philippines
|Criminal status||in-prison (as of May 2011)|
|Allegiance||Rajah Sulaiman Movement|
Ahmed Santos (born Hilarion del Rosario Santos III) is a Filipino who converted to Islam while working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1991. Santos was captured by Military officials for being involved in organizing and planning terrorist activities, including preparation of bombs. He is the founder of the Rajah Solaiman Movement.
Association with terrorism
Santos was detained in October 2005, for taking part in planning bomb attacks in predominantly Christian cities around the Philippines. According to police officials, the Rajah Solaiman group founded by Santos after his conversion to Islam, is believed to have forged an alliance with two al-Qaeda-linked organisations - Philippine-based Abu Sayyaf and the regional militant group Jemaah Islamiah. Explosives were seized from Santos's room by police on March 26, 2004. . A reward of $500,000 was presented to two Filipino citizens for providing key information that lead to the arrest of Santos.
- "Notice of AMLC Resolution No.TF-01" (PDF). Anti-Money Laundering Council. Anti-Money Laundering Council. p. 4. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "QI.S.244.08. HILARION DEL ROSARIO SANTOS III". Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 1267 (1999) and 1989 (2011) concerning Al-Qaida and associated individuals and entities. Archived from the original on 5 November 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Johnna Villaviray (December 3, 2006). "Top RSM member nabbed in Basilan". The Manila Times. Archived from the original on October 10, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- "In Philippines, watchful eye on converts: Most are peaceful, but some former Christians help Islamic terrorists, slipping by police". Christian Science Monitor. November 28, 2005. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
In Philippines, watchful eye on converts
- Johnna Villaviray (November 17, 2003). "When Christians embrace Islam". The Manila Times. Archived from the original on 2007-05-02. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- Douglas Bakshian (October 26, 2005). "Philippine Authorities Arrest Islamic Militant Leader". Voice of America. Archived from the original on November 18, 2008. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- "Philippines arrests key militants". BBC. October 26, 2005. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- Julmunir I. Jannaral (April 5, 2004). "Climate of fear sweeps Muslim communities". The Manila Times. Archived from the original on 2007-04-26. Retrieved 2007-04-09.
- U.S. Presents $500,000 "Reward for Justice" to Two Filipino Citizens Archived 2007-06-12 at the Wayback Machine. - U.S. Embassy Manila Official website