Düverioğlu with Fenerbahçe in 2017
|No. 44 – Fenerbahçe|
Turkish Super League|
4 March 1993|
|Nationality||Turkish / Jordanian|
|Listed height||2.13 m (7 ft 0 in)|
|Listed weight||121 kg (267 lb)|
|NBA draft||2015 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Ahmet Düverioğlu (known as Ahmad Hekmat Al-Dwairi in Jordan) (born 4 March 1993) is a Turkish born Jordanian international professional basketball player who plays for Fenerbahçe in the Turkish Basketball Super League (BSL). He uses his Turkish passport in the EuroLeague competition. Standing at a height of 2.13 m (7 ft 0 in), he plays at the center position.
Düverioğlu began playing professional basketball for Zain in the Jordanian Premier Basketball League in 2009. In 2010, he moved to the Jordanian club Al Riyadi. Then he transferred to A.S.U., where he won two Jordanian league titles. After two years with A.S.U., in 2014, he moved to Serbia, and signed with Mega Vizura.
After terminating his contract with Mega Vizura, where he did not play any game, Düverioğlu moved to Turkey (where he was born, and already had citizenship), and signed with Pertevniyal of the Turkish 2nd Division, which was a satellite club of Anadolu Efes. After the 2013-14 season ended, he moved to Anadolu Efes, where he won the 2015 Turkish Presidential Cup. He played in the EuroLeague with the same team in the 2015-16 season. His best performance with Anadolu Efes was against Laboral Kutxa, in game where he had 8 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 block, in 9 mins 40 seconds of playing time.
On July 28, 2016, Düverioğlu signed a three-year contract with the Turkish club Fenerbahçe. He started his Fenerbahçe career by winning the 2016 Turkish Presidential Cup. Under the guidance of Željko Obradović, his playing time and performance increased notably with Fenerbahçe.[Video 1] At the beginning of the 2016–17 season, which was the most successful in the history of the club, Düverioğlu won the 2017 Turkish Presidential Cup with Fener. At the end of the season, he won the 2016–17 Turkish Super League and the 2016–17 EuroLeague, completing a continental treble. His best performance with Fenerbahçe in the EuroLeague was against Panathinaikos Superfoods, in game where he had 13 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block, in 15 mins 30 seconds of playing time.[Video 2]
Düverioğlu, under the name of Ahmad Al-Dwairi, is a regular senior Jordan national team player. He played for Jordan's national team at the 2014 Asian Games, averaging 11.5 points and 9.5 rebounds per game. He also played at the 2014 FIBA Asia Cup, where he averaged 12.7 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.
- Anadolu Efes - Laboral Kutxa Boxscore.
- "Fenerbahçe'de Ahmet Düverioğlu Tamam!". basketball.com.tr (in Turkish). Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "JAMES NUNNALLY VE AHMET DÜVERİOĞLU FENERBAHÇE'DE". fenerbahce.org (in Turkish). Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- "Fenerbahçe - Panathinaikos Boxscore". euroleague.net. Euroleague Basketball. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Real Madrid is 2018 EuroLeague champion". euroleague.net. 20 May 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Ahmad H. A. AL DWAIRI (JOR).
- Al-Dwairi's 2014 FIBA Asian Cup Statistics.
- "2.09'luk Ahmad Anadolu Efes yolunda". basketfaul.com (in Turkish). Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Video references
- Ahmet Düverioğlu: Hocam benimle oturup konuştu; eğer oyuncu olmak istiyorsan... (YouTube video) (in Turkish). Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Ahmet Duverioglu's career night against Panathinaikos (YouTube video). Eurohoops TV. Retrieved 19 May 2018.