Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival
The Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival is a large gathering of carol singers in Nigeria. A concert featuring 25,272 carol singers at the Akwa Ibom Stadium, Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria, with Guinness World Records representatives in attendance, was officially certified as the largest such gathering in the world by Guinness World Records  on December 13, 2014, against a former record of 15,674 carol singers which was achieved the previous year (December 15, 2013) by a group called CENTI in Bogotá, Colombia.
The 2012 festival featured artistes like Alvin Slaughter and Donnie McClurkin from the USA and the Chorale Devine de Merveilles of the Republic of Congo. The 2013 edition was attended by Bishop Oyedepo of Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners' Chapel) and human rights activist, Rev. Jesse Jackson, and featured the National Choir of the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis, international singers like Lionel Peterson and Israel Houghton, and Nigerian singers like Bongos Ikwue, Frank Edwards, Nathaniel Bassey, Aity Dennis Inyang, el Mafrex, Freke Umoh, and Fadabasi.
The 2014 event broke a Guinness World Record to become the "Largest Assembly of Carol Singers on the Face of the Earth". In attendance were Don Moen, international gospel music composer, and Cardinal John Onaiyekan of Abuja Catholic Diocese. The event featured special performances by Quartets from the five international choirs that performed in past editions. Also performing were gospel saxophonist Angela Christie, Lionel Peterson, Sinach, Harmonious Chorale and many more.
In 2016, the Akwa Ibom State Government organized the concert again on December 17, 2016. With guest artists from around the world such as Award Winning gospel singer, Don Moen, PRM band,The Kayamba Africa Choral Ensemble and Kenya Boys Choir. Some locals artists from Nigeria such as Sammie Okposo, Buchi, Steve Crown, Elijah Oyelade, Rev. Fr. Patrick Edet, Esther Edoho, Julius Nglass and Perfecta Ekpo were also be in attendance.
- "Largest group of carol singers". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 2016-12-16.
- Pulse. "9'999 Christmas Carol Singers In Akwa Ibom (All The Photos) - Galleries - Pulse". pulse.ng. Retrieved 2016-12-16.
- NTA Live (2014-12-20), Annual Festival of Carol of 9999 Singers - Uyo Stadium, retrieved 2016-12-16
- "DStv, GOtv Subscribers To Enjoy Festivals Pop-up Channel". The NEWS. 2016-11-22. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Uyo returns with Akwa Ibom Xmas Carol - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation Nigeria. 2016-12-15. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "9th Edition: Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival 2016". www.premiumherald.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.