Alan E. Salzman
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Alan E. Salzman is a venture capitalist and former international lawyer. He is the co-founder, CEO and Managing Partner of VantagePoint Capital Partners, a venture capital firm in the U.S. and a leading investor in early stage Cleantech companies.
Alan Salzman began investing in venture capital in the late 1980s when he helped form and then joined Canaan Partners in charge of their California office.
In 1996, Salzman and partner, Jim Marver, co-founded VantagePoint Capital Partners a venture capital firm based in San Bruno, California. At VantagePoint, Salzman manages nearly $4.5 billion of committed capital, including more than $1 billion committed to Energy Innovation (Cleantech). Over the course of his career, Salzman has been involved with funding more than 300 startup companies  and the New Green Economy including Tesla Motors, BrightSource Energy, Goldwind and Liquid Robotics.
Salzman is a frequent contributor and speaker on Cleantech, innovation, and global competitiveness in the technology sector. He has served as Finance Chair of the World Business Summit on Climate Change, a member of the BP Alternative Energy Advisory Board and held a faculty appointment for more than a decade as Adjunct Professor for Venture Capital and Entrepreneurial Companies at Stanford University. He currently serves as a member of the International Leadership Council of The Climate Group, is a member of the World Economic Forum having served on its Technology Pioneer Selection Committee and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group.
- "Bloomberg Business". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "An Interview with VantagePoint CEO Alan Salzman". Forbes. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Crunchbase". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- VantagePoint has over $1 bln for green startups. Reuters, Jan 31, 2009
- Batteries Not Included. New York Times, April 16, 2009
- "VantagePoint Capital Partners". vpcp.com.
- "Brainstorm Green 2012 Final Agenda". Fortune Brainstorm Green. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "WSJ ECO-nomics". WSJ ECO-nomics.
- "United Nations Investor Summit" (PDF). un.org.
- "The Climate Group". theclimategroup.
- "World Economic Forum". weforum.org.
- "Silicon Valley Leadership Group". svlg.com. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- Alan Salzman CEO and Managing VantagePoint Venture Partners. San Francisco Business Times, March 20, 2009
- A Modern Midas