Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki
|Αλεξάνδρειο Τεχνολογικό Εκπαιδευτικό Ίδρυμα Θεσσαλονίκης|
The Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki (TEITHE; Greek: Αλεξάνδρειο Τεχνολογικό Εκπαιδευτικό Ίδρυμα Θεσσαλονίκης), is a higher education public institute, part of the Greek tertiary education system, specialized on applied sciences. The institute has three campuses. The main campus is located 15 km outside the city of Thessaloniki in Sindos, the second campus is in the nearby city of Kilkis and the last campus is in Nea Moudania.
At the year 2000 the institute and the technology education in the city of Thessaloniki became 30 years old, having existed before with the name K.A.T.E. (or K.A.T.E.E.). With the enactment of higher technological education, founded the Institute in Thessaloniki, composed of five faculties: Faculty of Management and Economics (Σ.Δ.Ο.), School of Health and Welfare (Σ.Ε.Υ.Π.), Faculty of Agricultural Technology (Σ.ΤΕ.Γ.), School of Technological Applications (Σ.Τ.ΕΦ.) and Faculty of Food Technology and Nutrition (Σ.ΤΕ.Τ.Δ.).
The five faculties altogether consist of 22 departments. The Department of Clothing Design and Production was added in the academic year 1999-2000 as an annex of the institute in Kilkis and in the academic year 2000-2001 the Department of Fisheries Technology - Aquaculture started operating, also as an annex of the A.T.E.I.TH., based in New Moudania Halkidiki. In addition, since the spring of 1998, two optional program studies have become available for admitting students outside the traditional way of examinations. In regards to the members of its community as a whole employed 430 permanent teachers, 220 administrators and finally the students of the institute have reached the number of 22,000.
The institute's own facilities located at the 15th km of national road Thessaloniki - Athens, near the entrance of Sindos. Spread over an area of 1,600 acres, most of which approximately 900 acres, occupied the farm, with greenhouse crops, stables, poultry farm, plant personnel, training rooms and office service farm. The total building area reaches 35,000 m², which hosts the five schools currently operating in the institute. In the same area is, finally, one of the two homes available to the institute for the accommodation of students.
In regard to laboratory equipment, the improvement is impressive, thanks to the use of national and EU funds, to which they played a key role in the establishment of the Research Committee, together with the intense activity that developed in European projects from the professors themselves. This potential, renewed and strengthened in recent years by members with upgraded academic qualifications, significantly promoted the development of cooperation with tertiary institutions, both Greek and abroad.
Departments and faculties
The university includes 5 schools, consisting of 22 departments:
- STEF (Greek: ΣΤΕΦ): School of Technological Applications
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Automation
- Department of Electronics
- Department of Vehicle Technology
- Department of Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- STETD (Greek: ΣΤΕΤΔ): School of Technology of Food and Nutrition
- Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Department of Food Technology
- SEYP (Greek: ΣΕΥΠ): School of Health and Medical Care
- Department of Aesthetics and Cosmetology
- Department of Early Childhood Care & Education
- Department of Medical Laboratory Studies
- Department of Midwifery
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Physiotherapy
- STEG (Greek: ΣΤΕΓ): School of Technology of Agronomics
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Farm Management
- Department of Plant Production
- SDO (Greek: ΣΔΟ): School of Management and Economics
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Tourism Management
- Department of Librarianship
An external evaluation of all academic departments in Greek universities will be conducted by the Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQAA) in the following years,  as well as their internal evaluation which they have to redact by themselves. 
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, the largest university in the Balkans, established in 1925.
- University of Macedonia, the second largest university in Thessaloniki, established in 1957.
- Democritus University of Thrace, established in 1974.
- List of universities in Greece, a comprehensive list of public institutions offering higher education in Greece.
- "Organizational structure of the A.T.E.I. Thessalonikis". A.T.E.I. Thessalonikis.
- "School of Technological Applications (Bulletin)" (PDF). A.T.E.I. of Thessaloniki.
- "School of Technology of Food and Nutrition (Bulletin)" (PDF). A.T.E.I. of Thessaloniki.
- "School of Health and Medical Care (Bulletin)" (PDF). A.T.E.I. of Thessaloniki.
- "School of Agricultural Technology (Bulletin)" (PDF). A.T.E.I. of Thessaloniki.
- "School of Business Administration and Economics (Bulletin)" (PDF). A.T.E.I. of Thessaloniki.
- Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency
- Quality Assurance Agency of A.T.E.I.TH.
- Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQAA) (Greek) (English)
- Department of Food Technology, HQAA Final Report, 2008 (English)
- Department of Animal Production, HQAA Final Report, 2010 (English)
- Department of Plant Production, HQAA Final Report, 2010 (English)
- Department of Informatics, HQAA Final Report, 2010 (English)
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology, HQAA Final Report, 2011 (English)
- Department of Librarianship, HQAA Final Report, 2011 (English)
- Department of Midwifery, HQAA Final Report, 2011 (English)
- Department of Nursing, HQAA Final Report, 2012 (English)
- Department of Medical Laboratory Studies, HQAA Final Report, 2012 (English)
- TEI of Thessaloniki official website (Greek) (English)
- TEI of Thessaloniki Library (English) (Greek)
- TEI of Thessaloniki NOC Office (Information Technology and Communications Office) (Greek) (English)
- TEI of Thessaloniki ERASMUS Office (English)
- TEI of Thessaloniki Virtual Tour (English) (Greek)
- TEI of Thessaloniki DASTA Office (Career Office & Innovation Unit) (English) (Greek)
- TEI of Thessaloniki Career Office) (English) (Greek)
- TEI of Thessaloniki Special Account for Funds and Research (Greek)
- TEI of Thessaloniki Internal Quality Assurance Unit (Greek)