Almost Here (The Academy Is... album)
|Studio album by The Academy Is...|
|Released||February 8, 2005|
|Recorded||Wisner Productions (St. Cloud, Florida)|
|Genre||Folk, pop, pop punk, pop rock, punk rock, rock|
|Label||Fueled by Ramen|
|Producer||James Paul Wisner|
|The Academy Is... chronology|
|Singles from Almost Here|
After recording the album and a doing a summer tour, the band underwent a lineup change. Tom Conrad, formerly of Chicago local band 5o4plan, replaced LaTrace as the second guitarist/backing vocalist and Andy Mrotek, formerly of Last Place Champs, replaced DelPrincipe as the drummer. Andy Mrotek and Thomas Conrad are listed in the liner notes, but were added to the band after the recording of Almost Here to replace DelPrincipe and LaTrace, respectively.
The album debuted at #20 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart, as well as at #24 on the Billboard Independent Albums chart. It also charted at #185 on The Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart. The album spawned three singles: "Checkmarks", "Slow Down" (often incorrectly referred to as "Hollywood Hills"), which was chosen through an online poll on the band's website, and "The Phrase That Pays". "Classifieds" was an intended single from the album and a video was made for the song. For unknown reasons, this video was never released, but the video's director posted it on YouTube.
On February 6, 2010, The Academy Is... performed a 5th Anniversary Show for the album with Sing It Loud and special guest.
10th Anniversary Reunion
On September 12th, rumors were confirmed that the band would embark on a 10th Anniversary show for Riot Fest in Chicago.
Following the announcement of the Riot Fest reunion show, the band released dates for the 10th Anniversary U.S. tour.
All lyrics written by William Beckett, all music composed by Mike Carden and William Beckett, except where noted.
|4.||"The Phrase That Pays"||3:17|
|6.||"Skeptics and True Believers"||2:54|
|9.||"Down and Out" (William Beckett)||4:30|
- The Academy Is...
- William Beckett – Vocals
- Tom Conrad – Lead guitar
- Andrew "The Butcher" Mrotek – Drums
- Mike Carden – Rhythm guitar
- Adam T. Siska – Bass guitar
- Evan Leake - Graphic Design
- James Paul Wisner Producer, mixing, engineer
- Jeremy du Bois - Mixing
- John Janick & Pete Wentz - A&Rs
- Nate Warshowsky - Drum Technician
|U.S. Billboard 200||186|
|U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers||7|
|U.S. Billboard Top Independent Albums||16|
|U.S. Billboard Top Internet Albums||296|
- AbsolutePunk review
- Almost Here (The Academy Is... album) at AllMusic
- McMahon, ed. 2014, p. 19
- "The Academy Is...: Artist Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 28 December 2005.
- Ryan Rickett (director) (2007-04-25). The Academy Is... "Classifieds" (Video). YouTube.
- "The Academy Is… announce ‘Almost Here’ 10th anniversary tour at Riot Fest - News - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "The Academy Is… officially announce ‘Almost Here’ 10-year anniversary tour - News - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- Sherman, Maria; Broderick, Ryan (July 2, 2013). "36 Pop Punk Albums You Need To Hear Before You F----ing Die". BuzzFeed. Retrieved July 29, 2015.