|Elevation||3,580 m (11,750 ft) |
|Prominence||1,654 m (5,427 ft) |
|Parent range||Zagros Mountains|
"Alvand" is Avestan and comes from the Avestan language word "Aurvañt", which means "quick, swift, brave; a steed, horse, racer, warrior".
Mount Alvand is situated in a geographical location that has a Mediterranean climate with spring rains.
- List of mountains in Iran
- List of Ultras of West Asia
- Other locations considered for Noah's Ark
- "Iran - 54 Mountain Summits with Prominence of 1,500 meters or greater". Peaklist.org. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alvand.|
- Profile at SummitPost.Org
- "Kuh-e Alvand, Iran" on Peakbagger
- Kuh-e Alvand: Searching for the True Mountain of Noah and his Ark
|This Hamadan province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|