Amazon: Guardians of Eden
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Amazon: Guardians of Eden|
Amazon: Guardians of Eden is a point-and-click adventure video game for MS-DOS from Access Software. It is one of the first games to feature super VGA graphics, digitized voice-overs, and an online (in game) hint system.
Amazon is a movie adventure game about a 1957 expedition into the heart of the Amazon basin: "a desperate, crazed message sends [the player] on a perilous search through a land where legends come to life, danger hides behind every corner, and incredible treasures wait to be discovered."
Computer Gaming World wrote that beyond "masterful" graphics and sound, "Access has clearly carried their excellent story far beyond anything produced by Hollywood in its naive years". It approved of Amazon: Guardians of Eden "avoid[ing] the insulting, often embarrassingly sophomoric fashion in which women are reduced to objects of bestial lust, as is commonly the case in this genre ... parents who are only concerned with a game's sexual content need have no concerns over Amazon". The magazine concluded that the game was an "outstanding piece of work". The game was reviewed in 1993 in Dragon #193 by Hartley, Patricia, and Kirk Lesser in "The Role of Computers" column. The reviewers gave the game 5 out of 5 stars.
- Doyle, Aidan. "Amazon: Guardians of Eden". AllGame. Archived from the original on 10 December 2014. Retrieved 2 Oct 2013.
- Greenberg, Allen L. (February 1993). "Amazon: Guardians of Eden from Access". Computer Gaming World. p. 102. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Lesser, Hartley; Lesser, Patricia & Lesser, Kirk (May 1993). "The Role of Computers". Dragon (193): 57–63.
- Amazon: Guardians of Eden at MobyGames
- Methat (2009-03-09). "Amazon: Guardians of Eden". dosgames.sk (in Slovak). Archived from the original on 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- Amazon: Guardians of Eden at IGN
- Amazon: Guardians of Eden at GameFAQs
- Amazon: Guardians of Eden at GameSpy
- Amazon: Guardians of Eden at GameSpot