American Premier League
For the soccer league, see American Premier League (soccer)
|No. of teams||6 international teams|
UBC (UBC Sport Plus, UBC SuperSport Gold)
Football Siam TV
|Official website||American Premier League (APL) Cricket|
The American Premier League was a Twenty20 cricket league based in the United States of America. The first league was scheduled to take place between October 6 and October 24, 2009. The APL was owned and promoted by Jay Mir.
Affiliation and match plans
The American Premier League was in contact with the USA Cricket Association but did not formally apply for approval.[dead link] In 2009 the International Cricket Council (ICC) issued a memo to member nations stating that the event is unapproved and warning nations not to release their players to the event.
The league had planned to play twice a year at baseball's Richmond County Bank Ballpark. In 2009 APL announced an imminent three-year deal with minor league club the Staten Island Yankees who own the venue. Six teams were expected to take part in the first event: Premium Pakistan, Premium India, Premium Bengal, Premium West Indies, Premium World and Premium America, but the event did not materialise.
In 2009 the ICC announced support for the creation of a Twenty20 cricket competition in the US to compete against the APL, and in December 2010 the board of the United States of America Cricket Association that it had signed a $10 million deal with New Zealand Cricket and other investors as stakeholders, creating a new body called Cricket Holdings America to manage all commercial rights for cricket in USA, including Twenty20 rights, in perpetuity 
No American Premier League matches were played in 2010, and as of April 2011 no further matches have been announced.
- Sir Richard Hadlee - executive consultant
- John Emburey - Premium World Coach
- Richie Richardson - Premium West Indies Coach[dead link]
- Inzamam ul-Haq
- Abdul Razzaq
- Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
- Imran Farhat
- Imran Nazir
- Mohammad Asif
- Saqlain Mushtaq
- Adam Hollioake
- Graeme Hick
- Jason Gillespie
- Kalindu Hettiarachchi
- Lance Klusener
- Nathan Astle
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Rebel ICL players heading to American Premier League DAWN.com, 24 April 2009 Archived April 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- ICC warns players against joining American Premier League Sindh Today, April 25, 2009 Archived April 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Inzamam courted by American Premier League Cricinfo.com, March 26, 2009
- "USA Cricket inks historic commercial deal with New Zealand Cricket". ESPN Cricinfo. 2010-12-18.
- Hadlee signs with American Premier League Cricinfo.com, April 24, 2009
- Obamatch! NY Yankees vs Mumbai Indians The Times of India, 22 April 2009
- New York aiming to host cricket's new American Premier League The Telegraph, 28 April 2009
- Jason Gillespie disappointed by opposition to American Premier League Fox Sports, April 28, 2009