Amigas y rivales
|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2012)|
|Amigas y rivales|
|Created by||Emilio Larrosa|
|Written by||Alejandro Pohlenz|
|Directed by||José Ángel García|
Arath de la Torre
Eric Del Castillo
|Opening theme||Amigas y Rivales by Kabah|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||185|
|Executive producer(s)||Emilio Larrosa|
|Producer(s)||Arturo Pedraza Loera|
Marco Antonio Rocha
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||February 26, 2001 – November 9, 2001|
|Preceded by||Primer amor... a mil por hora|
|Followed by||El Juego de la Vida|
|Related shows||Amigas & Rivais (Brazil)|
Amigas y Rivales tells the story of four women from different social backgrounds. The first is Laura, a studious, sensitive, serious girl from a middle-class family; she studies data processing in a private university because she received a scholarship.
Jimena is the typical rich girl, dissipated and irresponsible, for whom sex is just another amusement. At one point she is kidnapped although she doesn't realize it. She lives with Sebastian, a drug dealer who gives her drugs in exchange for her having sex with men in his home.
Ofelia is Jimena's best friend. Like Jimena, she is rich and lives for pleasure and fun...until she gets infected with HIV.
The fourth protagonist is Nayeli, who has a humble background and works as a maid in Jimena's home. Nayeli dreams of being a Hollywood actress like her idol, Salma Hayek; this dream takes her to the United States illegally and leads to a bad experience. She meets boxer Johnny Trinidad who falls in love with her, then falls for a popular soap star whose sister is being kidnapped by Roxana and Sebastian. Then she finds out Johnny was in love with Jimena while he was living in a Mexico City gym.
Laura's emotions are divided between Beto and his father, Don Roberto de la O, who hired Laura to instruct his firm in how to use their new computers. Don Roberto becomes determined to attract Laura, who unconsciously compares him with her own father, a man of weak character. Laura and Don Roberto date briefly; their relationship ends when Laura's mother lies to Don Roberto, telling him she's his daughter. Later Laura discovers that he isn't, and that she was the result of a one-night stand. Her parents separate. She resumes dating Don Roberto until she realizes, weeks later, that she isn't in love with him after all. She is caught kissing his son Beto (Roberto).
When Don Roberto discovers, thanks to Roxana's deceitful efforts to keep him, that Laura loves Beto, he suffers a stroke. Roxana, Don Roberto's second wife, is extremely beautiful but hiding an unscrupulous criminal soul under the mask of an ideal wife. Her real name is Carolina. She attempted to kill her own father, Tomas, for which he sent her to an asylum, but she escaped and established the new identity of Roxana. She poisoned Don Roberto's first wife so he'd be free to marry her, but secretly desired her new stepson Beto and killed his fiancée so she would have a chance with him. They did become romantically involved, but Beto has realized how much he loves Laura and is trying to end his relationship with Roxana, which angers her.
Roxana teams up with Sebastian to take revenge on the friends. She goes to jail but manages to escape.
Georgina sleeps with Sebastian and gets pregnant but she later shoots and kills him.
After having been unwilling to live, Ofelia chooses to fight for her life. Roberto proposes to Laura. Jimena sheds her bad habits, and Nayeli manages to carry on a successful acting career.
At the friends' graduation party, Roxana appears with a group of armed men planning to take revenge on Jimena, Nayeli, Ofelia, and Georgina. Laura is absent because she felt sick. Roxana mentions killing Roberto's first wife, Monica Angela. Joaquin is accidentally killed. Pepe is shot in the arm. Carlota reveals that Beto and Roxana are half-siblings, as Padre Tomas is the father of both of them. Roxana wants to throw sulfuric acid on Jimena's face but Nayeli and Tamara hold her and Nayeli manages to make Roxana pour the acid on her own face. The police arrive and detain Roxana, and she ends in an asylum with a disfigured face.
- Michelle Vieth as Laura González - Main heroine, middle class, in love with Beto.
- Ludwika Paleta as Jimena de la O - Main heroine, rich, daughter of Don Roberto and sister of Beto, in love with Carlos, then with Pepe.
- Angélica Vale as Wendy Nayeli Pérez - Main heroine, poor, in love with Beto, then with Ernesto.
- Adamari López as Ofelia Villada - Main heroine, rich, best friend of Jimena, in love with Ulises.
- Joana Benedek as Roxana de la O - Main villain, wife of Don Roberto, in love with Beto, ends up in an asylum, insane and with a disfigured face.
- Eric del Castillo as Don Roberto de la O - Father of Jimena and Beto, husband of Roxana, then of Sonia.
- Arath de la Torre as Roberto "Beto" de la O - Son of Don Roberto, brother of Jimena, in love with Laura.
- Rodrigo Vidal as Armando - Ex-boyfriend of Jimena, in love with Tamara, dies in hospital by a stab wound.
- Rafael Inclán as Manuel de la Colina - twin brother of Moncho, rich. / Moncho, father of Nayeli, twin brother of Manuel, poor.
- Johnny Lozada as Johnny Trinidad - Boxer, in love with Nayeli.
- Susana González as Angela Riveira - Best Friend of Roxana, Shot dead by Roxana because she betrayed her.
- Eugenio Cobo as Pedro González - Father of Laura and Andrea.
- Chela Castro as Carlota - Housekeeper in Don Roberto's house.
- Alicia Fahr as Alma González - Mother of Laura and Andrea.
- Irina Areu as La Güera - Wife of Moncho.
- Imperio Vargas as Yolanda - Moncho's lover.
- Marina Marín as Amada - Nayeli's mother.
- Marisol Mijares as Andrea González - Laura's sister, in love with Abelardo.
- Carlos Miguel as El Chacal - Criminal, villain.
- Sergio DeFassio as Chema - Moncho's friend.
- Sergio Acosta as Gardenia - Moncho's boss.
- Ricardo Silva as Joaquin - Friend of Don Roberto, later turned villain.
- Edgar Ponce as Ricardo - Alma's lover.
- Rudy Casanova as Tony Corrales - Johnny's manager.
- Ana Liz Rivera as Marilú.
- Claudia Troyo as Mónica - Laura's best friend, accidentally killed by Roxana.
- Gabriel Soto as Ulises 'el feo' - in love with Ofelia.
- Luis Roberto Guzmán as Frank - in love with Nayeli, husband of Marilu.
- Zoila Quiñones as Adelaida.
- Manuela Ímaz as Tamara de la Colina - Daughter of Manuel, sister of German, friend of main heroines, in love with Armando, Nayeli's cousin.
- Ramón Valdés as Rodrigo - Armando's cousin.
- Salim Rubiales as German de la Colina - Son of Manuel, brother of Tamara.
- Paulo César Quevedo as Edgar - Johnny's enemy, villain.
- Lorena Velázquez as Itzel de la Colina - Manuel's wife.
- Alejandro Avila as Sebastián - Drug dealer, villain, killed by Georgina.
- Benjamín Rivero as Lalo Bonavides - In love with Nayeli.
- René Strickler as Carlos Torreblanca - Jimena's psychologist, in love with her.
- Felicia Mercado as Sonia Torreblanca - Mother of Carlos, wife of Don Roberto.
- Martha Julia as Margarita - Friend of Carlos.
- Maky Soler as Alejandra - Girlfriend of Roberto, Killed by Roxana.
- Shirley as Julieta.
- Claudio Sorel as Lorenzo - Father of Angela.
- Luis Couturier as Emilio Larrosa - Nayeli's manager.
- Elias Chiprout as Luis - Tamara's boyfriend.
- Damián Mendiola as Abelardo - Boyfriend of Andrea.
- Mayrín Villanueva as Georgina - Ex-friend of Sebastian and Roxana, friend of main heroines, in love with Ulises.
- Ernesto Laguardia as Himself - In love with Nayeli.
- Alejandro de la Madrid as Rolando - In love with Jimena.
- Silvia Suárez as Luis' mother.
- Miguel Palmer as Alberto - Laura's biological father.
- Nailea Norvind as Paula - Ex-girlfriend of Ernesto LaGuardia.
- Eduardo Santamarina as Jose "Pepe" Alcantara - In love with Jimena.
- Maricruz Nájera as Pepe's mother.
- Rosángela Balbó as Paula's mother.
- Arsenio Campos as Padre Tomás - Father of Roxana and Roberto.
- Elizabeth Álvarez as Rocio, an actress.
- Eduardo Cuervo as Oscar.
- "Amigas y Rivales" Kabah (band) (Anaya, Maria Jose Loyola; Knupegelmacher, Kaniela Magun; Tapia, Hector Fernando Quijano; Tapia, Janine Patricia Quijano)
- "Entre Amigas" Jackson, Amaury, Lopez (Jackson, Amaury Lopez; Johnny Lozada)
- "Vuelvo a Intentar" Angélica Vale (Hartman, Angelica Maria Vale)
- "No Sabes Cuanto" Alex Sirvent (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent)
- "Amigales y Rivales" Alex Sirvent (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent; Ruelas, Raul Cortes)
- "Que Paso" Johnny Lozada (Correa, Johnny Loazada)
- "Vuelvo a Intentar (Versión Merengue)" Angélica Vale (Hartman, Angelica Maria Vale; Luis Reynoso Gongora)
- "Ellas" Sirvent Barton (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent)
- "Amigas y Rivales" Angélica Vale (Hartman, Angelica Maria Vale; Luis Reynoso Gongora)
- "Al Ataque Feo" Gabriel Soto (Barton, Alejandro Sirvent)