Anaita Shroff Adajania
|Anaita Shroff Adajania|
|Born||1972 (age 44–45) |
|Occupation||Fashion stylist, costume designer
Fashion Director Vogue India
|Spouse(s)||Homi Adajania (2002- present)|
She started her career as assistant fashion editor with Elle magazine, upon its Indian launch in 1996. Subsequently, she worked with L'Officiel India, before becoming the fashion director at Vogue India.
The owner of the Style Cell company, Adajania has been noted for her design work on several Bollywood films including Dhoom 2, Being Cyrus, Everybody Says I'm Fine!, Love Aaj Kal and Cocktail. She has notably styled all three films in the Dhoom series, starting with Dhoom (2004) where she worked with John Abraham and Esha Deol's look, followed by Dhom 2 (2006) where in she worked with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan and Bipasha Basu, then in 2013 edition of the franchise Dhoom 3, she styled Katrina Kaif.
Her designs have also been featured in magazines including Vogue, L'Officiel, Elle and Rolling Stone. Shroff also currently styles actress Deepika Padukoneexclusively for all of her events.
Apart from this, she has acted in walk-on roles in films, like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995), wherein she played Sheena, Simran's (Kajol) friend in London whom Raj (Shahrukh Khan) flirts with at the start of the European trip. In Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003), she played Gita, Rohit's (Saif Ali Khan) friend.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
- Everybody Says I'm Fine! (2001)
- Kal Ho Na Ho (2003)
- Dhoom (2004)
- Being Cyrus (2006)
- Hope and a Little Sugar (2006)
- Dhoom 2 (2006)
- Krazzy 4 (2008)
- Bhoothnath (2008)
- Love Aaj Kal (2009)
- Ra.One (2011)
- Players (2012)
- Race 2 (2013)
- Dhoom 3 (2013)
- Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014)
- Finding Fanny Fernandes (2014)
- Bang Bang (2014)
- Dear Zindagi (2016)
She married Indian film director and screenwriter Homi Adajania in 2002 who directed Being Cyrus (2006) and Cocktail (2012). The couple has two boys, Zreh and Zane and she is the sister of Scherezade Shroff. She is often featured in her sister Scherezade Shroff's YouTube videos.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- IIFA Best Costume Design Award - Love Aaj Kal 2010
- IIFA Best Costume Design Award - Dhoom 2 2007
- Awarded Most Stylish Bollywood Designer At The MTV Lycra Style Awards 2007
- Awarded Best Fashion Stylist Of The Year At The International F (Fashion) Awards, India 2005-2006
- Awarded Best Fashion Stylist Of The Year At The International F (Fashion) Awards, India 2004-2005.
- "Q&A With Vogue Fashion Director Anaita Shroff Adajania". Mumbai Boss. January 6, 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "5 steps to being a stylist: Anaita Shroff". Hindustan Times. July 17, 2010. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "Fashion Director Anaita Shroff Adajania". www.vogue.in. 12 Aug 2010. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "Anaita Shroff - The stylist for Dhoom 2".
- "Dhoom 3: Body of work". Livemint. December 20, 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "Making Hrithik, Ash look super hot". Rediff.com, movies. November 28, 2006.
- "Anaita Shroff Adajania". Indiatimes. October 12, 2004.
- Blaggan, Ishita (September 12, 2014). "NDTV Exclusive: Finding Fanny Designer Anaita Shroff on Dressing Dimple and the Sixth Oddball". NDTV. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Hrithik and Deepika have Anaita to thank". Emirates247.com. February 18, 2013.
- "Ten things you should know about Cocktail’s director, Homi Adajania". Firstpost. Jul 11, 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|