Levitre with the Tennessee Titans in 2013
|No. 67 – Atlanta Falcons|
May 15, 1986|
Los Gatos, California
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||303 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Felton (CA) San Lorenzo Valley|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 51|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Andrew Steven Levitre (//; born May 15, 1986) is an American football offensive guard for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the second round, 51st overall in the 2009 NFL draft, and has also played for the Tennessee Titans. He played college football for the Oregon State Beavers.
Levitre played high school football at San Lorenzo Valley High School in Felton, California, where he was a two-way lineman. In his junior season, he recorded 47 tackles, two quarterback sacks and two fumble recoveries. He added more than 60 tackles and three sacks in his senior year.
Considered only a two-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com, Levitre was not ranked among the nation's top offensive line prospects in 2004. He chose Oregon State over LSU, Fresno State, and Arizona, where his older brother, Erick, played center (2002–2006).
Levitre redshirted in 2004, and played in all 11 games as a redshirt-freshman in 2005, while starting against Oregon. In his sophomore season, he started in game four of the season after senior starter Josh Linehan injured a knee in game three against Idaho. Levitre earned Pac-10 Honorable Mention as a player and academically.
During his junior year, Levitre started every game at either right or left tackle, and earned Pac-10 Conference second team honors as selected by the coaches. For his senior season he was named to the 2008 Outland Trophy watch list, and started all 13 games at left tackle. He registered a career-high 91 knockdowns and 14 touchdown-resulting blocks and was earned All-American status by the American Football Coaches Association and Pro Football Weekly. He was considered the most-decorated Beaver offensive lineman since John Didion, a consensus All-America choice in the late 1960s.
2009 NFL Draft
Alongside Duke Robinson and T. J. Lang, Levitre was considered one of the best guards available in the 2009 NFL draft. He has been compared to Todd Herremans by The Sporting News, and to Josh Beekman by CBS Sports.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 1⁄2 in
|5.33 s||1.78 s||3.03 s||4.52 s||30 1⁄2 in
|8 ft 7 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Buffalo Bills (2009–2012)
Levitre was selected by the Buffalo Bills with the 51st pick overall in the second round of the 2009 NFL draft, and was the first college guard drafted. He is the sixth selection from Oregon State in Bills history, the first since Keith Ellison in 2006. Counted on to start at left guard, Levitre joined a completely retooled offensive line that was expected to feature two rookie starters—him, and first round pick Eric Wood at right guard—and no players returning at the same position. He started all 16 games in 2009.
Tennessee Titans (2013–2015)
On March 12, 2013, Levitre reached a six-year $46.8 million deal with the Tennessee Titans. Levitre underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in January 2013 and still felt knee soreness just days after signing for the team.
Atlanta Falcons (2015–present)
In 2017, Levitre started the first 12 games of the season at left guard before suffering a triceps injury. He missed the next three games before returning in Week 17 against the Carolina Panthers, where he aggravated the injury. He was placed on injured reserve on January 2, 2018.
- "Local Roundup: Santa Cruz's Levitre placed on IR, will miss NFL playoffs". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "Andy Levitre Recruiting Profile", Rivals.com, retrieved November 28, 2009
- "Andy Levitre Recruiting Profile", Scout.com, retrieved November 28, 2009
- Eggers, Kerry (December 11, 2008), "Credits pile up for OSU's top blocker", Portland Tribune, archived from the original on March 1, 2012
- "Andy Levitre College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "NFL Draft - 2009 OG Draft Prospects", CBSSports.com, April 25, 2009
- "Pro Football War Room: Andy Levitre", SportingNews.com, April 25, 2009
- "Andy Levitre Draft Profile", CBSSports.com
- "Andy Levitre Draft Profile", NFLDraftScout.com
- "2009 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "Oregon St. Drafted Players/Alumni". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "Inside The Bills". BuffaloBills.com. 2010-12-26. Archived from the original on 23 January 2011. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "2009 NFL All-Rookie Team - NFL". Sporting News. 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- Tennessee Titans agree to terms with guard Andy Levitre
- Orr, Conor (September 4, 2015). "Titans trade Andy Levitre to Atlanta Falcons". NFL.com.
- "Super Bowl LI - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - February 5th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- Conway, Kelsey (January 2, 2018). "Falcons place starting left guard Andy Levitre on injured reserve list". AtlantaFalcons.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andy Levitre.|