Angela Kinsey in 2009
|Born||Angela Faye Kinsey
June 25, 1971
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
|Alma mater||Baylor University|
|Notable work||The Office, Haters Back Off|
|Spouse(s)||Warren Lieberstein (m. 2000; div. 2010)|
Angela Faye Kinsey (born June 25, 1971) is an American actress known for her role as the uptight religious cat loving accountant Angela Martin in the NBC television series The Office. Since April 2015, Kinsey has had a recurring role on the TBS comedy Your Family or Mine. In 2016, Kinsey starred as Bethany in the Netflix Original Series Haters Back Off.
Kinsey was born in Lafayette, Louisiana. When she was two years old, her family moved to Jakarta, Indonesia, where her father worked as a drilling engineer. They lived there for twelve years, and she attended the Jakarta International School. During this time she learned Indonesian, a language she still occasionally speaks. Her family then returned to the United States and settled in Archer City, Texas.
Kinsey studied English at Baylor University, where she became a member of the Chi Omega sorority, "took as many theatre classes as possible," and participated in the "Baylor in London" program. In a 2007 interview with the Baylor student newspaper, she discussed the influence of her years at the university: "It was the perfect place for me to grow into who I am and take the belief system that I had and incorporate it into my life. It was a great place to go to school."
After graduating from Baylor University in 1993, Kinsey served as an intern on the NBC late night talk show Late Night with Conan O'Brien, which she described as an "awesome" experience. She worked for the show's band leader, drummer Max Weinberg. The experience inspired Kinsey to take a coast-to-coast road trip with a friend from New York City to California.
Kinsey then moved to Los Angeles and took improvisation classes with The Groundlings and at iO WEST (formerly known as "Improv Olympic West"). Following a two-woman show at iO, she was an operator at 1-800-Dentist and made small one-episode appearances in various sitcoms. She voiced the character "Angela" on two episodes of King of the Hill. In early 2005, she auditioned for the role of receptionist Pam Beesly for the American version of The Office. After producers told her she was "a little too feisty for Pam" she was called back to audition for the role of Angela Martin, which she won. She also appeared on Monk as a murderer named Arlene Boras in Mr. Monk and the Naked Man (2007) and Mr. Monk's 100th Case (2008).
Kinsey is one of several cast members of The Office to have a role in License to Wed, a film directed by Ken Kwapis, who often directed episodes of The Office. Kinsey updated her MySpace blog with behind-the-scenes anecdotes of upcoming episodes of the series. She has also taken to organizing The Office cast outings: "I remember watching Friends and thinking, 'They really enjoy each other.' We, in fact, hang out."
In summer 2011, she became the new spokesperson for Clairol hair products, appearing in television ads for Clairol Nice 'n Easy. Since 2014, Kinsey has starred in the Hulu comedy series The Hotwives, returning for season two in August 18, 2015.
Kinsey stars in the upcoming Netflix Original Series Haters Back Off as Bethany, the mother of the main character, Miranda Sings. She will appear alongside YouTube star Colleen Ballinger, as Miranda, and Steve Little, as Miranda's uncle Jim.
On June 18, 2000, she married writer and producer Warren Lieberstein. He is the brother of Paul Lieberstein, who played Toby Flenderson on The Office. She gave birth to their first child, Isabel Ruby Lieberstein, on May 3, 2008. On February 18, 2009, Us Weekly reported that Kinsey and her husband had separated. Her representative stated that the two continue to be friends. In June 2010, it was announced that Kinsey had filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences." On August 4, 2016, Kinsey announced her engagement with her boyfriend on Instagram with a detailed summary of proposal. 
Kinsey is Presbyterian and attends Bel-Air Presbyterian Church. Kinsey said her grandmother, Lena May, does not watch The Office because she feels the protagonist Michael Scott is too "vulgar". Kinsey said, "She'll say to me, 'Baby, we're so proud of you, I'm proud of you, but I do not care for the show and I do not watch it.'"
|2004||Career Suicide||Tammy||Short film|
|2007||License to Wed||Judith the Jewelry Clerk|
|2012||Struck by Lightning||Counselor|
|2012||Bluegrass Brainwash Conspiracy, TheThe Bluegrass Brainwash Conspiracy||Hillbilly||Short film|
|2014||All Stars||Debbie Shipman||Movie|
|2015||Hot Bot||Candy Huffington||In post-production|
|2016||Laid in America||Lisa||Movie|
|King of the Hill||Angela (voice)||3 episodes|
|1998||Step by Step||Simone||Episode: "Goin' to the Chapel"|
|2003||Run of the House||Maxine||Episode: "The Party"|
|2003||All of Us||Blanche Whitefish||Episode: "Tia Moves In"|
|2005–13||Office, TheThe Office||Angela Martin||Main role (187 episodes)|
|2006||Office: The Accountants, TheThe Office: The Accountants||Angela Martin||Main role (10 episodes)|
|Monk||Arlene Boras||"Mr. Monk and the Naked Man",
"Mr. Monk's 100th Case"
|2008||Office: The Outburst, TheThe Office: The Outburst||Angela Martin||Episode: "The Explanation"|
|2009||Temporary Life, AA Temporary Life||Rachel||Movie|
|2010||Office: The Mentor, TheThe Office: The Mentor||Angela Martin||Series regular|
|2010||American Dad!||Mia (voice)||Episode: "Merlot Down Dirty Shame"|
|2010||Office: The 3rd Floor, TheThe Office: The 3rd Floor||Angela Martin||Episode: "Lights, Camera, Action!"|
|2010||Yo Gabba Gabba!||Teacher / Herself||Episode: "School"|
|2012||First Dates with Toby Harris||April||Episode: "Foreplay"|
|2013||Wilfred||Heather Williger||Episode: "Uncertainty"|
|2013||Gabriels, TheThe Gabriels||Gail Gabriel||Series pilot|
|2013–16||Hollywood Game Night||Herself||3 episodes|
|2013–14||New Girl||Rose||4 episodes|
|2014||Hot in Cleveland||Mrs. Carson||Episode: "Dr. Who?"|
|2014||Hotwives of Orlando, TheThe Hotwives of Orlando||Crystal||Hulu series|
|2014||Bad Judge||Michelle||4 episodes|
|2015||Your Family or Mine||Claire||Series regular|
|2016||Haters Back Off||Bethany (Miranda's mother)||Series regular|
Awards and nominations
|2007||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||The Office||Won|
|2008||Screen Actors Guild||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Won|
|TV Land Awards||Future Classic||Won|
- Murphy, Joel (February 2006). "One on one with... Angela Kinsey". Hobotrashcan.com. Archived from the original on 29 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Angela Kinsey on Megan Mullally" (Video). 2006-10-27. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
she even speaks Indonesian with a southern accent
- Limmer, Melissa (2007-02-15). "From a Baylor Classroom to the hit The Office". The Lariat Online. Baylor University. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Angela Kinsey teamcoco.com". Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Kinsey, Angela; O'Brien, Conan (2009-06-09). "Eddie Murphy, Angela Kinsey, Bonnie Raitt & Taj Mahal". The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Season 1. Episode 7. NBC.
- "34th Annual Creative Arts & Entertainment Emmy Awards". 2007-06-14. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Lynch, Lorrie (April 14–16, 2006). "Who's News". USA Weekend. p. 2.
- "Hulu's 'The Hotwives of Orlando' Premieres July 15: First Look and Scoop From Producer Paul Scheer". Yahoo TV. 30 April 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Miranda Sings Netflix Series Haters Back Off Casts Angela Kinsey & Steve Little", Deadline.com, April 5, 2016
- "Congratulations Angela and Family". 2008-05-05. Archived from the original on 8 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-25.
- "Celebrity News: Latest Celeb News & Celebrity Gossip - Us Weekly". usmagazine.com.
- "Angela Kinsey Divorce - Office Star Splits from Husband". National Ledger. June 30, 2010. Archived from the original on 3 July 2010. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- "Angela Kinsey Files For Divorce From Office Co-Worker". TVGuide.com.
- Kinsey, Angela (7 August 2016) Angela Kinsey announces her engagement E News
- "Angela Kinsey: Ready for Her Close-Up". Summer 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-12.
- "Angela Kinsey Joins Campaign to Help Feral Cats – And the People Who Care for Them". 15 July 2010. Archived from the original on 7 August 2011.