Ankh (video game)
VIS Entertainment (DS)
Xider Games (DS)
Ankh is a point-and-click 3D adventure game by Deck13 Interactive released in 2005 for the Microsoft Windows. It features a fully three-dimensional environment with cinematic camera movement. All content is fully spoken and the soundtrack reflects an authentic Egyptian atmosphere. Humor is an important aspect of the game, and the influence of classic LucasArts adventure games is noticeable. Ankh is a remake of Ankh: The Tales of Mystery, a 1998 adventure game developed by Artex Software for the Acorn Archimedes. Ankh was ported to Linux and OS X in 2006. A Nintendo DS port was released in 2008 under the title Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King.
The player takes the role of Assil, the son of a respected architect in Cairo. Assil is a party animal but at some point one of his party-nights turned out sour. When he tries to have some fun in the pyramids with two friends of his, he accidentally breaks some urns and thus disturbs the mummy resting in the pyramid. The mummy punishes Assil by placing a death curse on him, and now he has 24 hours to remove the curse and save himself. Later in the game Assil meets the Arabian ambassador's daughter Thara, who is also a playable character.
Jan Klose, Creative Director at Deck13 Interactive, also cited Monkey Island to be an influence for the Ankh series.
- Vandervell, Andrew (January 12, 2006). "Ankh Review". VideoGamer.com. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Ankh". Linux game database.
- "Ankh (2006) Macintosh release dates". MobyGames.
- Barton, Matt (May 21, 2008). "Jan Klose - Deck 13 Interactive". Adventure Classic Gaming.
- Morganti, Emily (August 12, 2009). "Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King review". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Allin, Jack (March 17, 2006). "Ankh review". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Superb, Egon (February 6, 2006). "Ankh". Eurogamer. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Ankh". GamesMaster. February 2006.
- Todd, Brett (September 18, 2006). "Ankh Review". GameSpot. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Aceinet (October 1, 2006). "ANKH - PC - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on February 6, 2009. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King". NGamer: 66. November 2008.
- "Ankh". PC Gamer UK. February 2006.
- PC Zone staff (March 2006). "PC Review: Ankh". PC Zone. Archived from the original on March 13, 2008. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King (ds:2008) [date mislabeled as "August 31, 2007"]: Reviews". Metacritic. Archived from the original on April 20, 2009. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Ankh for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Official website at the Wayback Machine (archived February 1, 2010)
- Official Ankh: The Tales of Mystery website
- Ankh at MobyGames
|This adventure game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|