|Developer(s)||The OGRE Team|
|Initial release||February 2005|
13.6.2 / 7 February 2023
|Operating system||Cross-platform software|
|Type||Graphics rendering engine|
Object-Oriented Graphics Rendering Engine (OGRE) is a scene-oriented, real-time, open-source, 3D rendering engine.
Ogre has been ported to Windows, macOS, Linux, PocketPC, Xbox, and PS3.
Since 2019, Ogre consists of two forks developed separately, namely Ogre (also called Ogre1), which is based on the original 1.x codebase and Ogre Next (also called Ogre2), which is based on the 2.x development efforts.
Games and applications
- Gazebo simulator and Ignition Gazebo
- OpenMW (until v0.37.0)
- Rebel Galaxy
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
- Rigs of Rods
- Roblox (until 2014)
- Running with Rifles
- Scrap Mechanic (until 2016)
- Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms
- TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children
- Torchlight & Torchlight II
- Walaber's Trampoline
- Zombie Driver
- ^ "Release 13.6.2". 7 February 2023. Retrieved 21 February 2023.
- ^ 12 graphics and rendering tools to make your game shine, MCV
- ^ a b Q&A: Steve Streeting On Open Source 3D Engine OGRE 3D, Gamasutra
- ^ a b 'Torchlight' interview off-cuts, Digital Spy
- ^ "Ogre Ecosystem Roundup #3". www.ogre3d.org. Retrieved 2022-02-05.
- ^ "Gazebo". www.gazebosim.org. Retrieved 2022-04-04.
- ^ "Features - Ignition". ignitionrobotics.org. Retrieved 2022-04-05.
- ^ "Scrap Mechanic: Devblog 8". Scrap Mechanic. 2016-07-01. Retrieved 2021-02-02.
- ^ Developer comment on the Steam forums Steam
- ^ Zombie Driver: Exor's undead-squasher available through Steam now for £6.99, Games Industry