||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2014)|
Annalakshmi is an international chain of vegetarian restaurants operating on the uncommon principle of trust in humanity, as it encourages patrons to pay what they believe is fair. The name derives from the Hindu goddess of abundance, as a compound word obtained from Anna (food) and Lakshmi (the eponymous deity). It is the culinary division of the non-profit organization Temple of Fine Arts (TFA).
First started in Malaysia in 1984, Annalakshmi has branches in Australia, Singapore and India. The Coimbatore branch (started 1989), is known to participate in local charities and support the fine arts. In 2013, the Chennai branch won the Times Food and Nightlife Award, in the category Best South Indian Restaurant (Stand-alone).
- Mecklin, John (6 April 2005). "The Karmic Kitchen". SF Weekly. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Annalakshmi Australia: Mission". Retrieved 29 March 2015.
As our concept goes...Eat What You Want, Give What You Feel We Believe in You, We Trust You.
- Sankar R.N., Ajith (11 October 2008). "Annalakshmi Foods: Manifesting Attributes of Love, Serve and Give". GNA Journal of Management and Technology 3 (1): 138–144. SSRN 1568783.
- Phang, Llew-Ang (3 December 2014). "Embracing togetherness". The Malaysian Insider. The Edge Financial Daily. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
The non-profit organisation has managed to survive and sustain on its “pay as you wish” concept...
- Yogalingam, Serena. "Dance India, Taste India". Law Gazette. The Law Society of Singapore. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Srinivasan, Pankaja (22 September 2014). "Served with grace". The Hindu: Metroplus Food (Coimbatore). Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Sangeetha, P (7 Feb 2013). "Times Food & Nightlife Awards in Chennai". Times of India: Food Reviews. Times News Network. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Annalakshmi Australia: Mission
- Annalakshmi Singapore: About Annalakshmi
- Annalakshmi Chennai: About Us
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|