Archduke Joseph Árpád of Austria
|Archduke Joseph Árpád|
|Born||8 February 1932|
Budapest, Kingdom of Hungary
|Died||30 April 2017 (aged 85)|
|Issue||Archduke Joseph Karl|
Archduke Joseph Karl
Archduchess Maria Christine
Archduchess Alexandra Lydia
Archduke Nicolaus Franziskus
Archduke Johannes Jacobus
|Father||Archduke Joseph Francis of Austria|
|Mother||Princess Anna of Saxony|
Archduke Joseph Árpád Benedikt Ferdinand Franz Maria Gabriel (Hungarian: Habsburg–Lotaringiai József Árpád; 8 February 1933 – 30 April 2017) was a member of the Hungarian Palatine branch of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine and as such an Archduke of Austria, Prince of Hungary and Bohemia with the style His Imperial and Royal Highness.
He received a degree in economics from the University of Lisbon.
Joseph married Princess Maria von Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, born 1934, daughter of Karl, 8th Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg and Carolina dei Conti Rignon. They married civilly on 25 August 1956 and religiously on 12 September 1956 in Bronnbach, Wertheim am Main, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- Archduke Joseph Karl of Austria (7 August 1957 – 8 August 1957)
- Archduchess Monika-Ilona Maria Carolina Stephanie Elisabeth Immacolata Benedicta Dominica of Austria (14 September 1959) she married Charles-Henry de Rambures on 18 May 1996. They have one daughter:
- Archduke Joseph Karl Maria Árpád Stephan Pius Ignatius Aloysius Cyrillus of Austria (18 March 1960) he married Princess Margarete of Hohenberg (granddaughter of Maximilian, Duke of Hohenberg) on 28 December 1990. They have four children:
- Archduchess Maria Christine Regina Stephania Immacolata Carolina Monika Ägidia of Austria (1 September 1963) she married Raymond van der Meide on 22 May 1988. They have seven children:
- Archduke Andreas-Augustinus Maria Árpád Aloys Konstantin Pius Ignatius Peter of Austria (29 April 1965) he married Countess Marie-Christine von Hatzfeldt-Donhoff on 2 October 1994. They have six children:
- Archduchess Alexandra Lydia Pia Immacolata Josepha Petra Paula Maria of Austria (29 June 1967) she married Wilhelmus de Wit on 19 June 1999. They have four children:
- Archduke Nicolaus Franziskus Alexander Nuno Josef Árpád Ruppert Donatus Virgil Maria of Austria (27 November 1973) he married Eugenia de Calonje y Gurrea in July 2002. They have four children:
- Archduke Johannes Jacobus Josef Árpád Ulrich Pius Stephan Ignatius Hermann Maria of Austria (21 May 1975) he married María Gabriela Montenegro Villamizar on 3 October 2009. They have three sons:
- Austrian Empire: Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece
- Kingdom of Hungary: General Captain of the Order of Vitéz (1977–2017)
- Almanach de Gotha (2018), 'Austria', Pages 42-86
- Muere en Madrid el archiduque José Árpád de Habsburgo-Lorena. Obituary by Count Miklós Cseszneky
- Burke's Royal Families of the World Vol 1. Page 22.