Arlington Hills Library
Arlington Hills Library
Arlington Hills Library in 2012
|Location||1105 Greenbrier Street
Saint Paul, Minnesota
|Architect||Charles A. Hausler; Cameron & Company|
|MPS||Carnegie Libraries of St. Paul TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84001660|
|Added to NRHP||February 10, 1984|
The Arlington Hills Library is a 1916 Beaux Arts library building designed by Cameron and Company. It is one of three Carnegie Libraries in Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The public library closed for relocation on Saturday, March 15, 2014 and reopened at 1200 Payne Ave. on May 22, 2014 as part of the Arlington Hills Community Center in collaboration with the parks and recreation department. The building went up for sale by the City of Saint Paul for adaptive reuse that would maintain the historic structure. The nonprofit East Side Freedom Library signed a lease with the city in March, 2014, and will feature a reference book collection along with classrooms and meeting spaces for cultural events. The East Side Freedom Library was expected to open in June, 2014, but was delayed due to a need to replace the roof of the building. The organization is fundraising and seeking grants to complete this and other work on the building. The East Side Freedom Library began offering public programming in July, 2014.
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Nord, Mary Ann (2003). The National Register of Historic Places in Minnesota. Minnesota Historical Society. ISBN 0-87351-448-3.
- Duchschere, Ken. "Arlington Hills Library on East Side Closes." Startribune.com. 15 Mar. 2014. Web. 19 Mar. 2014.
- Melo, Frederick. "St. Paul Touts New Arlington Hills Rec Center as Boost for East Side." St. Paul Pioneer Press, 22 May 2014. Web. 04 June 2014.
- Anderson, Jim (2013-10-11). "St. Paul selling landmark Arlington Hills Library and fire station on East Side". Star Tribune. Minneapolis. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- Larkin, Patrick. "New Carnegie library stewards want to "raise the roof"" LillieNews.com. Lillie Suburban Newspapers, 2 June 2014. Web. 16 June 2014.
- Anderson, Jim. "New Chapter for St. Paul's Historic Arlington Hills Branch Library." StarTribune.com. 18 Mar. 2014. Web. 19 Mar. 2014.
- Sturdevant, Andy. "'The Meddling Class' Finds Its Righteous Voice at East Side Freedom Library." MinnPost. 10 July 2014. Web. 23 Feb. 2015.
|This article about a property in Minnesota on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|