|Country of origin||Netherlands|
Armada Music is an independent record company founded in June, 2003 by Armin van Buuren, Maykel Piron, and David Lewis, whose names abbreviate to "Armada".
Throughout the years, the record company has brought countless releases within the wide spectrum of electronic dance music to its fans. Armada Music is actively releasing records in trance, deep house, progressive house, techno, and even in the pop genre, making it a label that stands out from the crowd.
From 2009-2013, the record label received five consecutive International Dance Music Awards for 'Best Global Dance Label'. Armada received 22 nominations at the 2014 IDMAs, winning 10, including 'Best Compilation' for A State of Trance. The Academy of Electronic Music, a joint venture between Armada, Google, Point Blank, and DJ Mag, was the recipient of the 'People's Voice Award' at the 2014 Webby Awards. CEO Maykel Piron was awarded with a ‘Feather’ — a prize awarded to someone within the Dutch music industry for making an extraordinary contribution to Dutch music. Maykel Piron is the youngest person to have ever received this prestigious award.
The approach to combining everything music related in one company has attracted several top names to the label, including: Aly & Fila, Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, Chicane, Cosmic Gate, Dash Berlin, David Gravell, Gareth Emery, Jochen Miller, John Dahlbäck, Michael Woods, Orjan Nilsen, Third Party, W&W, and newer additions such as Husman, Pretty Pink, ANOTR, Pelari, Disfunktion, Rodg, and current electronic music revelation Lost Frequencies.
Since September 2014, seven new pillars were instated: Armada Music, Armada Trice, Armada Deep, Armada Captivating, Armada Chill, Subjekt Recordings, and The Bearded Man. In addition, some of the industry's biggest imprints are gathered under the Armada Music brand, including W&W’s Mainstage Music, Gareth Emery's Garuda Music, Orjan Nilsen’s In My Opinion Records, Aly & Fila's Future Sound Of Egypt and Future Sound Of Egypt Excelsior imprints, and naturally, Armin van Buuren’s Armind, A State of Trance, and Who’s Afraid of 138?! labels. In total, more than 25 sub labels reside under Armada.
Furthermore, Armada Music hosts its own worldwide events: Armada Nights. Armada Nights have taken place in Buenos Aires, London, Amsterdam, Rome, Jakarta, New York, Dubai, Mexico City, and other destinations throughout the world. Armada-branded stages have appeared at Ultra Music Festival events in Argentina and Chile, as well as Electronic Family in Amsterdam.
Chased Management, Armada Music's artist management division, is one of the latest additions to the company's services. Focusing on artist career strategies and developing artist brands in today's digital world, Chased Management represents the likes of Andrew Rayel, ANOTR, Blasterz, Calvo, Dave Winnel, Mark Sixma, Sandro Silva, Simon Valente, and Years.
Ultimately CEO and co-owner Maykel Piron explains Armada Music’s strategy best: “Armada Music changes along with the ever evolving music industry, as we’re always trying to improve, finding new opportunities and developing our business.”
Under Exclusive Label
- Vincent de Moor
- Jan CVP (signed with Armada Music from 2003 until 2007 as remastered trance DJ (without any album released), resigned in February 2008 despite to joining NTV7 Malaysia as local actress and TV personality model)
- "A night in the life". Time Out. Archived from the original on 1 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "International Dance Music Awards Website".
- "The Webby Awards". www.webbyawards.com. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Featured Artists". Armada Music. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Labels". Armada Music. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Events". Armada Music. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- As shown ARDI
- This label was shown as two catalogs: one is single release (ARVS) , and the other one is Trance Top 1000 (ARVA)
- Official website
- Armada Music discography at Discogs
- How To Build Kick-Ass Streaming Playlists - And Put Them At The Center Of Your Label - [PIAS]'s Blog, 29 June 2015