|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2013)|
|Founder||Armin van Buuren
|Genre||EDM, Trance, Progressive House, Deep House|
|Country of origin||Netherlands|
Armada Music is an independent record company that was founded in June, 2003 by Armin van Buuren, Maykel Piron, and David Lewis[disambiguation needed]. "Armada" was formed from the first two letters in each of the founding members' names.
The approach to combining everything music related in one company has attracted several top names to the label, including: Aly & Fila, Andy Moor, BT, Chicane, Dash Berlin, Paul Oakenfold, W&W, Cosmic Gate, Max Graham, and newer additions such as David Gravell, Audien, Toby Hedges, and Andrew Rayel.
Under the Armada Music umbrella are some of the industry’s biggest imprints, including W&W’s Mainstage Music, Trice Recordings, Orjan Nilsen’s In My Opinion Records, Dash Berlin’s Aropa, M Records, and Armin van Buuren’s Armind, A State of Trance, and Who’s Afraid of 138?! labels. In total, more than 25 sub-labels reside under Armada.
From 2009-2013, the record label received five consecutive International Dance Music Awards for 'Best Global Dance Label'. Armada received 22 nominations at the 2014 IDMAs, winning 10, including 'Best Compilation' for A State of Trance. The Academy of Electronic Music, a joint venture between Armada, Google, Point Blank, and DJ Mag, was the recipient of the 'People's Voice Award' at the 2014 Webby Awards.
CEO Maykel Piron was awarded with a ‘Feather’ — a prize for persons within the Dutch music industry that have made an extraordinary contribution to Dutch music. Maykel Piron is the youngest person to have ever received this prestigious award.
Armada Music also hosts its own worldwide events: Armada Nights. Featuring Armada DJs, Armada Nights have taken place in Buenos Aires, London, Amsterdam, Rome, Jakarta, New York, Dubai, Mexico City, and other destinations throughout the world. Armada-branded stages have appeared at Ultra Music Festival events in Argentina and Chile, as well as Electronic Family in Amsterdam.
Under Exclusive Label
- Vincent de Moor
- Jan CVP (signed with Armada Music from 2003 until 2007 as remastered trance DJ (without any album released), resigned in February 2008 despite to joining NTV7 Malaysia as local actress and TV personality model)
- "A night in the life". Time Out. Archived from the original on 1 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-15.
- "About Armada Music".
- "Armada Labels".
- "International Dance Music Awards Website".
- "Webby Awards Website".
- "Maykel Piron ‘jongste winnaar ooit’ van industrieprijs De Veer".
- "Armada Music Events".
- This label was shown as ARVA, Armada Music. 
- Armada Music. "Armada Music Labels". Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Official website
- Armada Music discography at Discogs
- How To Build Kick-Ass Streaming Playlists - And Put Them At The Center Of Your Label - [PIAS]'s Blog, 29 June 2015