Terradyne Armored Vehicles Gurkha
|Type||Tactical Armored Vehicle|
|Place of origin||Canada|
|Manufacturer||Terradyne Armored Vehicles|
|Produced||2011 - Current|
|Variants||LAPV, MPV, RPV|
|Crew||up to 12|
Terradyne Armored Vehicles was incorporated in 2011 and is located in Newmarket, Ontario. Terradyne is home to the GURKHA LAPV / MPV / RPV / RPV Civilian Edition.
- LAPV (Light Armored Patrol Vehicle)
Application: Border patrol / law enforcement / government agencies / private security / tactical medic vehicle
- MPV (Multi-purpose Patrol Vehicle)
Application: Purpose built for law enforcement and related government agencies only. SWAT / SRT / ETF / ERT / rescue vehicle
- RPV (Rapid Patrol Vehicle)
Application: Critical infrastructure protection / law enforcement / government agencies / military / border patrol
- RPV Civilian Edition (civilian)
Application: Company PR vehicle / daily driver / rolling panic room / executive protection / offroad vehicle / hobby vehicle
The GURKHA vehicle is in use in the following regions:
- Bruce Power - Nuclear Response Team
- Calgary Police Service - Tactical Unit - Balkan MK7 
- Hamilton Police Service - Emergency Response Unit
- Peel Regional Police - Tactical & Rescue Unit - Gurkha with Patriot 3 MARS (Mobile Adjustable Ramp System)
- Toronto Police Service - Emergency Task Force - Trooper
- Winnipeg Police Service - Tactical Support Team
- Jamaica Constabulary Force - Special Operations Unit
- Fuerza Civil - Nuevo León State Police known as Fuerza Civil (Civil Force)
- Fuerza Civil - Veracruz (Civil Force)
- Guadalupe SSP
- GROMS Policia Saltillo - Grupo de Reacción Operativa known as GROMS in Saltillo
- Singapore Police Force - Special Operations Command
- Arlington County Police Department - S.W.A.T
- Roanoke County Police Department Va - S.W.A.T
- Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
- Spikes Tactical RPV Civilian Edition
In popular culture
The Gurkha appeared in the 2011 film Fast Five and the getaway car in the Monte Carlo chase in the 2012 animation film Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. The vehicle was also used in the second season of Arrow, a television show based on the DC comics character Green Arrow. Rockstar Games has used some elements and design of the SUV in Grand Theft Auto Online for an Armored vehicle named the HVY Insurgent and HVY Insurgent Pick-Up. and also featured in racing games Forza Horizon 2 Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6 as a part of Fast & Furious Car Pack DLC.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2014)|
- "Syrian militias get more U.S. support for IS fight, plan new phase". Reuters. 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- "Mutlu Civiroglu on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- "Trump administration sends armored vehicles to Syrian rebels". RT International. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- "SDF received the Canadian made Gurkha LAPF armored vehicle, will directly participate in Raqqa assault.". ISIS - ISIL map, map of war in Syria, Iraq, Libya - Daesh map - Mosul operation - isis.liveuamap.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.