The road into Assis-sur-Serre
|Intercommunality||Pays de la Serre|
|• Mayor (2008–2020)||Richard Beaussaert|
|Area1||8.04 km2 (3.10 sq mi)|
|• Density||34/km2 (89/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||02027 /02270|
|Elevation||56–90 m (184–295 ft)
(avg. 75 m or 246 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Assis-sur-Serre is located some 30 km south-east of Saint-Quentin and 15 km north-west of Laon. It can be accessed by the D35 road from Remies in the west through the heart of the commune and the village and continuing to Pouilly-sur-Serre in the east. There is also the D351 road going north from the village and joining the D642 which continues north to Montigny-sur-Crecy. There is a network of country roads in the commune which is entirely farmland apart from the village.
List of Successive Mayors of Assis-sur-Serre
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 275 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the town since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of municipalities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Sites and Monuments
- A Calvary in the middle of the village square.
- Louis Santos-Marriage, architect of the Assis-sur-Serre mill
The village has land for motocross and a tennis court.
- A Garage: Garage for Roger
- Assis-sur-Serre on the old IGN website[permanent dead link] (in French)
- 40000 bell towers website (in French)
- Assis-sur-Serre on Lion1906
- Assis-sur-Serre on Google Maps
- Assis-sur-Serre on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Aßy on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Assis-sur-Serre on the INSEE website (in French)
- INSEE (in French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002  Archived 2016-03-06 at the Wayback Machine., the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For municipalities with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these municipalities is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assis-sur-Serre.|