|Privately held company|
|Services||Internet service provider |
Aussie Broadband is an Australian telecommunications carrier (ISP) that provides internet, web hosting, mobile and other telephony services. The company was formed in 2008 after the merger of Wideband Networks and Westvic Broadband.
While primarily operating as a reseller of telecommunications services, Aussie Broadband operates its own wireless broadband network in some regional areas of Victoria and South Australia and has equipment at 34 ADSL exchanges across some states of Australia. In late 2016, the company began implementing its own backhaul infrastructure to interface the NBN.
- Britt, Philip (22 July 2008). "Whirlpool Forums - Wideband Pt. 3". whirlpool.net.au. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Aussie Broadband Wireless". aussiebroadband.com.au. Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Provider Active Exchanges". adsl2exchanges.com.au. adsl2exchanges.com.au. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- Simpson, Campbell. "NBN Congestion Is Forcing ISPs To Build Their Own Private Networks". Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Aussie Broadband building to all nbn POIs - Other broadband - Whirlpool Forums". Whirlpool.net.au. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|