|Founded||12 June 1992|
|Headquarters||Menara Axiata, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Brickfields, 50470, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Dato' Sri Jamaludin Ibrahim, Managing Director, President & Group Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||Mobile telephony, Internet|
|Revenue|| MYR 18.712 billion 2014
MYR 18.371 billion 2013
MYR 17.652 billion 2012
| MYR 2.349 billion 2014
MYR 2.55 billion 2013
MYR 2.513 billion 2012
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Ncell Pvt. Ltd.
Celcom Axiata Berhad
Dialog Axiata PLC
Idea Cellular Limited
Multinet Pakistan (Private) Limited
PT Axis Telekom Indonesia
PT XL Axiata Tbk
Robi Axiata Limited
Smart Axiata Company Limited
Tune Talk Sdn Bhd
|Slogan||"Advancing Asia (Menerajui Asia)"|
Axiata’s primary business is in investment holding and the provision of telecommunication and consultancy services on an international scale. Their main focus being emerging markets in Asia, some with low mobile penetration in South and Southeast Asia.
Formerly known as TM International Bhd (TMI), the company was incorporated on 12 June 1992, and was the mobile and international operations arm of Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM). Following the de-merger of TMI from TM, the company was listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad in 2008. On 2 April 2009, TMI underwent a rebranding exercise, launching its new name, Axiata, and a new logo.
Their new tagline, Advancing Asia, was also launched, reflecting the direction of the company in focusing their expansion within Asia
Axiata has controlling interests in mobile operators in Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Cambodia, with significant strategic stakes in India, Singapore and Iran. The Group also has stakes in non-mobile telecommunication operations in Thailand and Pakistan.
Their Board of Directors contains:
- Tan Sri Dato' Azman JH. Mokhtar - Chairman, Non-Executive Director
- Dato' Sri Jamaludin Ibrahim - Managing Direcor/President and Group Chief Executive
- Tan Sri Ghazzali Sheikh Abdul Khalid - Independent, Non-Executive Director
- Datuk Azzat Kamaludin - Senior Independent, Non-Executive Director
- Dato' Abdul Rahman Ahmad - Independent, Non-Executive Director
- David Lau Nai Pek - Independent, Non-Executive Director
- Juan Villalonga Navarro - Independent, Non-Executive Director
- Bella Ann Almeida - Independent, Non-Executive Director
- Dr Muhamad Chatib Basri - Independent, Non-Executive Director
- Kenneth Shen - Non-Independent, Non-Executive Director 
In their website in 2015, it was announced that Axiata had over 260 million subscriber across Asia and a Group revenue of MYR18.7 billion (USD5.7 billion) in 2014. Its market capitalisation stood at over RM60.5 billion (USD18.5 billion) at the end of 2014.  It was also reported that the company provided employment to 25,000 people in 10 countries.
Axiata’s mobile subsidiaries and associates operate under the brand name ‘Celcom’ in Malaysia, ‘XL’ in Indonesia, ‘Dialog’ in Sri Lanka, ‘Robi’ in Bangladesh, ‘Smart’ in Cambodia, ‘Idea’ in India, 'Ncell' in Nepal (announcement to acquire made but acquisition to follow), ‘M1’ in Singapore and ‘MTCE’ in Iran (Esfahan).
- "Axiata moves to centralise its treasury". FinanceAsia. 22 June 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "TM International to list on April 28". The Star. 12 April 2008. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "TMI unveils new name but limits itself to Asia". The Star. 3 April 2009. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "Axiata Delivers Another Strong Performance into 2010 with 1Q PATAMI of RM921 million" (PDF). Corporate Communications, Group Strategy, Axiata Group Berhad. 27 May 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "TeliaSonera quits nepal, Ncell sold to Malaysian Telco group Axiata for 1.03Bil USD • TechSansar.com". TechSansar.com. https://google.com/+TechSansar. Retrieved 2015-12-21. External link in