BT Sport Box Office
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Sister channels||AMC from BT|
BT Sport ESPN
Amazon Premier League Pass
BT Sport Box Office 2
|Launched||15 September 2018|
|Sky||Channel 490 (BT Sp. BO HD)|
Channel 494 (BT Sp. BO 2 HD)
|BT||Channel 494 (BT Sp. BO HD)|
Channel 495 (BT Sp. BO 2 HD)
In April 2018, BT Sport revealed its intention to launch a pay-per-view channel to show live boxing and it launched on 15 September 2018 when it showed the rematch between Gennady Golovkin and Saul Alvarez. Further boxing events, including both Tyson Fury bouts versus Deontay Wilder, along with Fury versus Wallin and Schwarz, in addition to Amir Khan v Terrence Crawford,have also been shown on BT Sport Box Office.
Amazon Premier League Pass
In November 2019 to early January 2020, BT Sport Box Office 2 was launched on Sky in the UK and Ireland on channel 494. BT Sport Box Office on channel 490 was temporarily removed from residential set-top boxes to facilitate the 2019–20 Premier League being broadcast to licensed premises only. On the EPG, BT Sport Box Office was renamed Amazon Premier League Pass during this time. These channels were provided by Amazon. 6 channels were broadcast via the red button on selected dates. It is assumed that BT Sport Box Office 2 was launched so Sky would suffice their contract with BT. It returned on July 2020 for the final month of the premier league 2019–20 season.
In October 2020, amidst the COVID-19 pandemic forbidding spectators to attend football matches, select Premier League matches were allowed to be broadcast on a PPV basis which would have typically been affected by the Saturday 3pm blackout. The first game available to the general public on the channel was Chelsea versus Southampton on 17 October.
- "BT Sport to launch pay-per-view Box Office channel". sport-onthebox.com. 17 April 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Canelo v GGG rematch to launch BT Sport Box Office". sport-onthebox.com. 18 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "International Incident: UFC PPV Move Tests UK Fans' Resolve". Sherdog. Retrieved 2019-07-30.
- "BT Sport Subscribers Test Pirate Sites After UFC PPV Decision". TorrentFreak. 2019-07-08. Retrieved 2019-07-30.
- Morgan, Tom (2019-05-16). "Exclusive: WWE UK TV rights heading for BT Sport". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Kelner, Martha (9 October 2020). "Premier League pay-per-view plan will see fans have to pay £15 to watch some games in October". Sky News. Sky UK. Retrieved 20 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "What channel is Chelsea v Southampton on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news". Radio Times. Immediate Media Company. 17 October 2020. Retrieved 20 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)