|Location||Maisons-Laffitte-Platz 2, Remagen, Rhineland-Palatinate
Remagen station is on the Left Rhine line (German: Linke Rheinstrecke) in the city of Remagen in the German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. It is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 4 station. The station is served by regular regional services as well as Intercity and EuroCity services. It is also the starting point of the Ahr Valley Railway (Ahrtalbahn).
The Left Rhine line from Cologne to Bonn was extended to Rolandseck in 1856 and through Remagen to Koblenz in 1858. The Remagen station building was built in 1860. It has been the beginning and end of the Ahr Valley Railway since 17 September 1880. The station was rehabilitated in the 1930s. Further renovation work was carried out in 2007 and 2008. It has been served by the private railway company trans regio since 14 December 2008.
Remagen station has an entrance building, in which a DB ticket office and ticket machines are located. There are food vending machines on platform tracks 2 and 3 and in the reception building. In the course of renovation work in 2008, the platform roofs were renewed and new LCD destination displays were erected. Each platform has a lift, making them accessible for wheelchairs. Platform track 5 is used only for the Ahr Valley Railway, operated as the Rhein-Ahr-Bahn towards Ahrbrück.
A special feature is the station’s cast-iron portico, which is not anchored to the building, but stands on its own. The station hall was originally in Bonn and it was removed during the construction of Bonn railway station in 1883/84 and re-erected in Remagen. The hall is thus older than the station itself.
Since 21 March 2009, Remagen station has had a DB service store with access from the main platform and the station building.
The platforms tracks of Remagen railway station are operated as follows:
|1||Regional and long distance||Bonn and Cologne||North||404 m|
|2||Regional||Bonn and Cologne||North||403 m|
|3||Regional and long distance||Koblenz||South||403 m|
The station is served by the following services:
- Eurocity services (EC 32) Münster - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Koblenz - Mainz - Mannheim - Stuttgart – München – Salzburg – Villach – Klagenfurt
- Eurocity services (EC 32) Münster - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Koblenz - Mainz - Mannheim - Stuttgart – Lindau - Innsbruck
- Intercity services (IC 32) (Berlin - Hanover -) Dortmund - Essen - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Koblenz - Mainz - Mannheim - Stuttgart - Munich
- Intercity services (IC 35) Norddeich - Emden - Rheine - Münster - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Koblenz - Mainz - Mannheim - Karlsruhe - Konstanz
- Intercity services (IC 35) Norddeich - Emden - Rheine - Münster - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Koblenz - Mainz - Mannheim - Stuttgart
- Intercity services (IC 55) Magdeburg - Hanover - Dortmund - Essen - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Koblenz - Mainz - Mannheim - Stuttgart - Oberstdorf
- Regional services Rhein-Express Emmerich - Oberhausen - Duisburg - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Bonn - Remagen - Koblenz
- Local services MittelrheinBahn Cologne - Bonn - Remagen - Andernach - Koblenz
- Local services Rhein-Ahr-Bahn Bonn - Remagen - Bad Neuenahr - Dernau - Ahrbrück
- Local services Ahrtalbahn Remagen - Bad Neuenahr - Dernau (- Kreuzberg)
|Preceding station||Deutsche Bahn||Following station|
towards Berlin Südkreuz
towards Innsbruck Hbf
towards Dresden Hbf
towards Cologne Hbf
toward Koblenz Hbf
toward Bonn Hbf
|Preceding station||trans regio||Following station|
toward Köln Messe/Deutz Hbf
toward Mainz Hbf
- "Photographs from the 125th birthday celebration of Remagen station" (in German). Retrieved 30 April 2011.