This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
Number of locations
|6 offices (2017)|
|Brands||Bandsintown Group, Bandsintown Concerts, Bandsintown for Artists, Bandsintown LIVE, Bandsintown Meet & Greet, Bandsintown Amplified, Bandsintown Promoter|
Number of employees
Bandsintown is a unique, multi-sided, data-driven platform at the core of the fast-growing music market, enabling artists, superfans, & brands to connect. The site allows users to receive notifications about shows and live streams that match their music DNA and/or location. It also has tools for artists to manage and promote their live events.
Bandsintown Concerts is a concert discovery app with more than 55 Million registered concert-goers. The app pulls data from a user’s iTunes library, Facebook Likes, Spotify, Rdio, Google Play and Twitter accounts to pre-populate a customized list of tracked artists and local concert recommendations. Events are collected from more than 200 primary ticket providers and booking agencies, as well as the artists directly. It is the most comprehensive proprietary collection of worldwide live music metadata available today, with 2.3MM events promoted in 2019. In 2020 Bandsintown aims to become the hub for live streams and the program guide of this new form of entertainment.
Bandsintown for Artists the leading global ‘direct-to-fan’ platform in music with ~530,000 registered artists including Wiz Khalifa, Lorde, Steve Aoki, Paramore and Maroon 5. It provides marketing tools that allows them to promote live events and facilitate direct contact with their fans. Events loaded into Bandsintown for Artists are turned into fully functional Facebook/Twitch events that artists can sync to their websites and social media.
Bandsintown Promoter offers promoters, venues and labels insights and direct access to concert-goers based on their music taste and location in key markets. The platform identifies the number of “Trackers,” or Bandsintown users following a specific artist in certain geographic locations, that can be contacted via Bandsintown’s email marketing program.
Bandsintown LIVE is Bandsintown's Twitch channel which has amassed more than 11MM unique views since its launch in April 2020. Artists of all sizes can live stream on the channel and have their performance featured to a community of 55 million registered live music fans.
Bandsintown Meet & Greet is a program that is meant to create exclusive experiences for Bandsintown’s community of live music fans by allowing them to connect with their favorite artists in a unique and intimate medium.
Bandsintown Amplified is a multi-screen advertising platform that connects brands with fans and artists through a network of music publishers.
Bandsintown was launched in 2006 by Todd Cronin and Phil Sergi as a concert discover service and acquired by what is known today as Bandsintown Group in 2011. The company is best known for its concert discovery service but has expanded to service artists, promoters, advertisers and brands. In 2013, Bandsintown acquired an ad platform connecting music fans and brands, known today as Bandsintown Amplified.
- CrunchBase. "Bandsintown: CrunchBase Profile". TechCrunch. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- Sidewinder.fm. "Bandsintown Debuts Facebook Tour Date App". Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- Bandsintown Group Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- The App 100: The World's Greatest Apps Business Insider.
- Goetz, Rick (September 26, 2012). "How to Promote Shows through Social Media". MusicianCoaching.com. Archived from the original on July 5, 2014. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- Smith, Clyde (July 1, 2014). "Bandsintown's New Manager App Adds Artist Marketing Tools For The Road". Hypebot. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- "Bandsintown Manager". Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- Email Marketing: Leveraging user data increases send relevancy for concert promoters February 10, 2015. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-08. Retrieved 2015-03-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Bandsintown | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- Cellfish Media Becomes Bandsintown Group Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- How Bandsintown built a music community of 50M users
- Bandsintown rebrands artist portal and unveils geo-targeted messaging to fans
- Bandsintown launches Live Music Charts in partnership with Billboard
- Bandsintown adds 'watch live' fan alerts for livestream concerts and starts its own Twitch channel
- Amazon's Twitch teams up with concert service Bandsintown to let bands make money during quarantine