List of schools in Waikato
Schools in the Waitomo District and Taupo Districts that are located in other regions (namely Manawatu-Wanganui, Hawke's Bay and Bay of Plenty) are listed here. Schools in the Rotorua District that are located in the Waikato region are listed at list of schools in the Bay of Plenty Region.
State schools are those fully funded by the government and at which no fees for tuition of domestic students (i.e. New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and Australian citizens) can be charged, although a donation is commonly requested. A state integrated school is a former private school with a special character based on a religious or philosophical belief that has been integrated into the state system. State integrated schools charge "attendance dues" to cover the building and maintenance of school buildings, which are not owned by the government, but otherwise they like state schools cannot charge fees for tuition of domestic students but may request a donation. Private schools charge fees to its students for tuition, as do state and state integrated schools for tuition of international students.
The socioeconomic decile indicates the socioeconomic status of the school's catchment area. A decile of 1 indicates the school draws from a poor area; a decile of 10 indicates the school draws from a well-off area. The decile ratings used here come from the Ministry of Education Te Kete Ipurangi website and from the decile change spreadsheet listed in the references. The deciles of all schools were last revised using information from the 2006 Census, and may occasionally change for some schools between Censuses as schools open, close and merge. The roll of each school changes frequently as students start school for the first time, move between schools, and graduate. The rolls given here are those provided by the Ministry of Education are based on figures from November 2012. The Ministry of Education institution number links to the Te Kete Ipurangi page for each school.
- The Coromandel Learning Centre was a private coeducational primary school for years 1-8, in Coromandel.
- Coromandel Rudolf Steiner School was a small private full primary (years 1-8) school. It closed at the end of 2007.
- Rototuna Junior High School, a state Year 7–10 middle school located in Rototuna; due to open to all year levels in January 2016.
|Church College of New Zealand||9-13||Coed||Temple View||Private||2009|
|Arohena School||1–8||Coed||Te Awamutu||State||6||51||-||1688|
|Kio Kio School||1–8||Coed||Kio Kio||State||7||140||||1779|
|Ngutunui School||1–8||Coed||Te Awamutu||State||9||33||-||1853|
|Otorohanga South School||1–8||Coed||Otorohanga||State||4||363||||1877|
|St Mary's Catholic School||1–8||Coed||Otorohanga||State integrated||5||34||-||1880|
South Waikato District
- "About School: School basics". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "School Donations & Fees". New Zealand Ministry of Education. 23 June 1998. Retrieved 2006-06-23.[dead link]
- "about NZ education". EduSearch. Retrieved 2008-06-08.[dead link]
- "How The Decile Is Calculated". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Reviews of Deciles - General Information". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "New Zealand Schools - Education Counts". Ministry of Education (New Zealand). Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- 2006 ERO Report for Coromandel Learning Centre
- "School Closures, Mergers and New: December_2008" (XLS). Education Counts.
- Parata, Hekia (12 September 2013). "Establishment Of A New School In Flagstaff, Hamilton" (PDF). New Zealand Gazette (New Zealand Government) 2013 (126): 3508. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Parata, Hekia (20 March 2014). "New School Establishment Notice". New Zealand Gazette (New Zealand Government) 2014 (32): 913. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- Te Kete Ipurangi Ministry of Education website
- ERO school and early childhood education reports Education Review Office
- Decile change 2007 to 2008 for state & state integrated schools