Bashar Ahmad Nuseibeh
This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Bashar A. Nuseibeh
|Alma mater||Imperial College |
The University of Sussex
|Known for||Software Engineering|
Security & Privacy
|Awards||Philip Leverhulme Prize|
Royal Society-Wolfson Merit Award
ICSE Most Influential Paper Award
Member of Academia Europaea
Member of Royal Irish Academy.
|Institutions||The Open University|
|Doctoral advisor||Anthony Finkelstein|
Bashar Ahmad Nuseibeh, (born 1967) is a Professor of Computing at The Open University in the United Kingdom, a Professor of Software Engineering at the University of Limerick in Ireland, and Chief Scientist of Lero, the Irish Software Research Centre. He is also an Honorary Professor at University College London (UCL) and the National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan.
Bashar received a BSc (First Class Honours) degree in Computer Systems Engineering from the University of Sussex, UK, in 1988, before moving to Imperial College London to complete his MSc (1989) and PhD (1994) in Software Engineering. He remained at Imperial College as a Post Doctoral Researcher until receiving a Lectureship in 1996 before being promoted to Reader in 2000. In 2001 he moved to the Open University as Professor of Computing where he was Director of Research from 2002–2008. From 2009-2012 he took a secondment to Lero, The Irish Software Research Centre, as Professor of Software Engineering and Chief Scientist. He was a Visiting professor at Imperial College, and is currently a Visiting Professor at both University College London (UCL) and the National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan. He received two European Research Council (ERC) grants, including an Advanced Grant on Adaptive Security and Privacy.
Honors and Fellowships
- Member of the Royal Irish Academy (RIA).
- Fellow of the British Computer Society (BCS).
- Fellow of Irish Computer Society (ICS).
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET).
- Member of Academia Europaea.
- Automated Software Engineering Fellow
- Royal Society-Wolfson Merit Award.
- Senior Research Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
- Philip Leverhulme Prize.
- Most Influential Paper Award at International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE).
- ACM SigSoft Distinguished Service Award
- IFIP Outstanding Service Award
- "Admittance Day 2021". Royal Irish Academy. 21 May 2021. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- "SIGSOFT - ACM Special Interest Group on Software Engineering".