Bath Local School District
|Bath Local Schools|
School Pawprint Logo
|2850 Bible Road
Lima, Allen, Ohio 45801
|School board||Bath School Board|
|School district||Bath Local School District|
|Principal||Mr. Rick Gross(HS)
Mr. Brad Clark(MS)
Mr. Chris Renner(EM)
|Medium of language||English|
|Hours in school day||7|
|School colour(s)||Columbia Blue
|Athletics conference||Western Buckeye League (WBL)|
|Mascot||Wildcat and Wildkitten|
|Rival||Elida Local Schools|
Bath Local School District is a public school system located in Bath Township near Lima, Ohio. The district also includes part of Monroe Township. It is the only school district in Bath Township. They are a member of the Western Buckeye League (entered 1965).
The school district consists of 3 buildings, the Elementary School, the Middle School also known as the Junior High, and the High School. A new Elementary building is being built and should be open for students in December 2014. The schools have received a rating of "Excellent School" by the Ohio Department of Education during school years '01–'02, '02–'03, '03–'04, '04–'05, '05–'06, '06–'07, and '07–'08. 75% of students continue their education immediately after graduation. With the availability of surrounding colleges such as OSU Lima and Rhodes State College, Bath students have an opportunity to participate in the post-secondary options program which is sponsored by the Ford Motor Company. Many students also take classes offered at the Apollo Career Center, which is a joint vocational school in the area.
- 1 Mascot
- 2 Organizations
- 3 Recognition
- 4 Athletics
- 5 Supporters
- 6 Mission statement
- 7 School songs
- 8 Administration
- 9 Notes and references
- 10 External links
School organizations at Bath include: Band, Symphonic Band, Choir, FCA, National Honors Society, Quiz Bowl, Science Fair, Math Counts, SADD, Science Olympiad, Student Council, and Yearbook editors.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Western Buckeye League Championships
- Baseball: 1990, 1975, 1974, 1972, 1971
- Boys Basketball: 1971, 1970, 1969
- Girls Basketball: 2009, 2008, 2006, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1987, 1986, 1985, 1983
- American football: 1999, 1996, 1989, 1988, 1985, 1984, 1974, 1973
- Golf: 2006, 2005, 2004, 1995, 1978, 1976, 1974, 1973, 1972, 1970, 1969, 1968, 1967, 1966
- Softball: 2005, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1990, 1985, 1983
- Boys Tennis: 1983, 1982
- Boys Track: 1990, 1980, 1968
- Volleyball: 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1988
Boys Soccer 2012
Since its inception, the Bath Booster Club has helped raise money to support the many different athletic programs at Bath High School. Most recently the club has provided funds to build new soccer and softball fields for the Bath student athletes.
The Mission of the Bath Music Association is to provide unified educational and financial support for the students of the Bath Bands, Bath Choirs, and their directors. They are a volunteer, non-profit organization to aid financially or in any way whatsoever according to need and available funds the Band Program and Choir Program of Bath schools.
Parent Teacher Society
The PTS is a large organization of parents, teachers, and community citizens who volunteer their time and talents to help ensure their children receive a valuable, rewarding and quality education at Bath Schools. During the past school year, the Bath PTS has helped sponsor many events and groups at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. A few of those events include the Senior Breakfast, the Honors Program, the IDAA and SODDA teams, Author-Illustrator visits, Dollars for Scholars, family disaster funds and field trips for all Bath buildings. The funds to support these programs are derived from three major projects of the Bath PTS. They include: the Wildcat Den at the Allen County Fair, the Fall Craft Show held each year in November, and our Annual PTS Membership Drive.
The mission of Bath Local Schools in partnership with parents and the community is to educate all students to become responsible, caring, productive citizens and lifelong learners by providing diverse and challenging learning experiences in a welcoming, safe and positive environment.
Sing praises to the Blue and Gold,
Sing praises to thy fame.
May each loyal son and daughter
Bring honor to thy name.
May we always show our loyalty
As we have in days gone by.
And may our hearts be ever true
To you, Bath High.
School fight song
Fight, fight, fight, fight to win this game!
Try, try, try, try for victory!
Fight is our motto
And fight we do!
Bath! Rah! Bath! Rah!
Show them how it's done.
And we will always be so true to you!
And we will never let you down.
For we are loyal for ever,
To Bath High School!
- Richard Dackin
- Annette Morman
- Director of Special Education, Testing & Federal Programs
- Thomas Schaaf
- Mr. Rick Gross- Principal
- Mr. Brian Jesko- Assistant Principal
- Mr. Brad Clark- Principal
- Mr. Rich Dackin- Assistant Principal
- Mr. Chris Renner- Principal
Board of Education Members
- Jeff Dackin (President)
- Tim McKinney
- Rob McPheron
- Bob Birkemeier
- Jackie Place
Notes and references
- "School of Excellence Awards".
- "Best High Schools 2009 Search". U.S. News & World Report. 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "America's Best High Schools 2009". U.S. News & World Report. 2008. Archived from the original on 2010-08-25. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Archived from the original on 31 December 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Softball". Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- WBL. "Bath Wildcat WBL Championships". Archived from the original on 21 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- "Alma Mater".
- "Fight Song".