Bath Township, Allen County, Ohio
|Bath Township, Allen County, Ohio|
Suburban neighborhood off Bluelick Road
Location of Bath Township, Allen County, Ohio
|• Total||32.0 sq mi (83.0 km2)|
|• Land||30.7 sq mi (79.5 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||317/sq mi (122.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085692|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Monroe Township - north
- Richland Township - northeast corner
- Jackson Township - east
- Auglaize Township - southeast corner
- Perry Township - south
- Shawnee Township - southwest corner
- American Township - west
- Sugar Creek Township - northwest
Name and history
|This section requires expansion. (May 2008)|
Bath Township was the first permanent settlement within the present day bounds of Allen County. The first settlers in the township were Christopher S. Wood and his family, who settled in section 7 of Bath Township in 1824. The organization of Bath Township predates that of Allen County itself, with its first township meeting held on March 2, 1829.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current chairperson is Roy A. Hollenbacher.
Bath Township is serviced by one school district, Bath Local School District. The district contains an elementary school, a junior high school, and a high school.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bath township, Allen County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- History of Allen County, Ohio. Chicago: Warner, Beers & Company. 1885. pp. 417–418.
- Allen County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Compendium of the eleventh Census:1890" (PDF). US Census Bureau. p. 313. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.