|Region||Centre-Val de Loire|
|Intercommunality||Pays de Chambord|
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Jean-Paul Touchet|
|Area1||24.7 km2 (9.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||11/km2 (29/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||41013 /41250|
|Elevation||79–113 m (259–371 ft)
(avg. 85 m or 279 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Bauziens or Bauziennes.
Bauzy is located in the heart of Sologne some 20 km south-east of Blois, 40 km south-west of Orléans, and 40 km north-east of Vierzon. Access to the commune is by the D60 road from Bracieux in the north-west which passes through the heart of the commune and the village and continues south-east to Vernou-en-Sologne. Apart from the village there is the hamlet of La Boulaie in the south-east. The commune is mixed forest and farmland.
The commune is dotted with many small lakes including the Étang d'Avaray, the Étang de l'Oie, and the Étang Saulier plus numerous others. The Beuvron river flows through the north-east of the commune from south-east to north-west and continues to join the Loire at Candé-sur-Beuvron. The Bonne Heure stream flows through the middle of the commune and the village from south-east to north-west where it joins the Beuvron at Bracieux. Many small tributaries feed the Bonne Heure from the numerous lakes.
Bauzy comes from the Low Latin Balaesiacus and Balaesius and its variant Valesisus and the possessive suffix -acus giving "Domain of Balaesiacus.
The Parish was split up for the creation of the Parish of Fontaines-en-Sologne.
|2005||2020||Jean Paul Touchet|
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 264 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger communes that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Distribution of age groups
The population of the town is relatively old. The ratio of persons above the age of 60 years (22.4%) is higher than the national average (21.6%) but less than the departmental average (26.3%). As for national and departmental allocations, the female population of the town is greater than the male population The rate (50.6%) is similar to the national rate (51.6%).
Percentage Distribution of Age Groups in Bauzy and Loir-et-Cher Department in 2010
|0 to 14 Years||19.2||24.8||18.8||16.8|
|15 to 29 Years||14.6||10.5||15.7||14.2|
|30 to 44 Years||17.7||21.8||19.2||18.4|
|45 to 59 Years||23.1||23.3||21.0||20.3|
|60 to 74 Years||16.9||12.0||15.9||16.4|
|75 to 89 Years||8.5||7.5||8.9||12.2|
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Commune in 2010, INSEE.
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Department in 2010, INSEE.
Culture and heritage
- The Boudeux Fountain just outside the village on the left towards Neuvy.
The commune has a number of buildings and sites that are registered as historical monuments:
- A Farmhouse at Villevaudran (19th century)
- A Chateau at Veillenne (1846)
- A Farmhouse at Rivaude (16th century)
- A Farmhouse at La Boulaie (16th century)
- A Unidentified Edifice (High Middle Ages)
- A House (1863)
- Farmhouses (16th-19th century)
- Houses (16th-20th century)
The commune has several religious buildings and sites that are registered as historical monuments:
- A Wayside Cross at La Rivière (1891)
- A Monumental Cross (19th century)
- The Parish Church of Saint Baumer (12th century)
The church contains a large number of items that are registered as historical objects. For a complete list including links to descriptions (in French) and photos click here.
- Gérard Lemaignen (Margency, 11 September 1924 - 22 December 2004), President of the joint committee for country chateaux, President of the Community of communes of Pays de Chambord, Mayor of Bauzy from 1952 to 2004
- Louis Lemaignen (Blois, 4 July 1856 - Blois, 27 December 1951), grandfather of Gérard, Mayor of Bauzy for 39 years.
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002, the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually and the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- Bauzy on Lion1906
- Inhabitants of Loir-et-Cher (in French)
- Bauzy on Google Maps
- Bauzy on the Géoportail from National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- National Archives JJ-96, No. 401, fol 138° v. (in French)
- National Archives JJ-96, No. 401, fol 138 ° v. (in French)
- (National Archives JJ-98, No. 146, fol. 44
- National Archives DD-109, 131, fol. 62 v °
- Bauzy on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Bauzy on the 1790 Cassini Map
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012813 Farmhouse at Villevaudran (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012812 Chateau at Veillenne (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012810 Farmhouse at Rivaude (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012809 Farmhouse at La Boulaie (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012808 Unidentified Edifice (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012807 House (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012804 Farmhouses (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012803 Houses (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012811 Wayside Cross at La Rivière (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012806 Monumental Cross (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée IA00012805 PA00098332 Church of Saint Baumer (in French)
- In December 2004 at the death of Gérard Lemaignen, "since 1913, the commune of Bauzy has had only two mayors, Louis and Gérard Lemaignen [...], a record unique in the Republic", La Nouvelle République du Centre-Ouest and CCI de Loir-et-Cher (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bauzy.|