|Single by Steve Aoki and Angger Dimas featuring Iggy Azalea|
|from the album Wonderland (Remixed)|
|Released||May 31, 2012 (US)|
August 26, 2012 (UK)
3 Beat (UK)
|Songwriter(s)||Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Iggy Azalea, Brandon Salaam Bailey|
|Producer(s)||Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas|
|Steve Aoki singles chronology|
|Angger Dimas singles chronology|
|Iggy Azalea singles chronology|
Beat Down is a song by music producers Steve Aoki and Angger Dimas, featuring vocals from Australian rapper Iggy Azalea. The song was included on the re-release of Aoki's debut studio album, entitled Wonderland (Remixed), which was released on July 10, 2012.
Aoki released his long-awaited debut studio album, Wonderland, on January 10, 2012, featuring guest vocalists and musicians LMFAO, Kid Cudi, Kay, Travis Barker, will.i.am aka Zuper Blahq, Wynter Gordon, Rivers Cuomo, Lil Jon, Chiddy Bang, Lovefoxxx of CSS, Big John Duncan (former guitarist of the punk band The Exploited), and others, through his record label Dim Mak. A remix album was released shortly after, on July 10, 2012, Wonderland (Remixed), featuring a new original track that would become the lead single of the project, "Beat Down," with fellow Indonesian electronic producer/DJ Angger Dimas and also featured up-and-coming Australian rapper Iggy Azalea, who had been featured on the cover of hip-hop magazine XXL's buzzed-about annual "Top 10 Freshman List" and announced signing a deal with Southern rapper T.I.'s Grand Hustle Records.
Becky Bain of Idolator claimed the track is "a solid tune that is ready to pump you up" and complimented Azalea's guest appearance adding that "the Aussie rapper lays down some serious flow." DJ Booth also praised it saying, "If you're a fan of EDM and a lover of 808s and snares, then you'll probably wear out the repeat button after listening to this single. Iggy does surprisingly well with the complex track as she professes that she's well versed in the art of the beat down with lyrics like, "It's a party on your face and I'm about to dance on it"," while Noisey drew comparisons to Major Lazer's 2009 single "Pon de Floor".
While the song only made it to number 44 on the UK Singles Chart, a comparative disappointment compared with Aoki's 2010 single "I'm in the House", featuring Zuper Blahq and his 2011 single "No Beef" featuring Afrojack and Alyssa Palma, it served as a platform for Azalea, who went on to have three Top 20 hits in 2014. "Beat Down" first entered the UK Dance Chart at number 21 and the UK Indie Chart at number 13 on June 2, 2012. It reappeared three months later with greater success peaking at number 44 in the UK Singles Chart and number 10 in the UK Dance Chart. A week later, it fell back down to number 22 in the UK Dance Chart.
Live performances and other use
Aoki, Dimas and Azalea have included the track on their live shows setlists regularly since its release, including the rapper's 2014 The New Classic Tour. "Beat Down" was also featured on the 2015 romantic comedy film Trainwreck.
|1.||"Beat Down" (Original Mix)||4:04|
|Digital download – EP|
|1.||"Beat Down" (Explicit Mix)||4:04|
|2.||"Beat Down" (Clean Mix)||4:04|
|3.||"Beat Down" (Donaeo mix)||4:42|
|4.||"Beat Down" (Devolution Remix)||5:35|
|5.||"Beat Down" (Paris Esquire AfroRnBeat Mix)||3:17|
|Digital download – Remixes|
|1.||"Beat Down" (Afrojack Remix)||4:31|
|2.||"Beat Down" (Larry Tee & Attack Attack Attack)||4:17|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||59|
|Belgium Urban (Ultratop Flanders)||35|
|Belgium Dance Bubbling Under (Ultratop Flanders)||8|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||59|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||38|
|UK Dance (Official Charts Company)||10|
|UK Indie (Official Charts Company)||13|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||44|
|Ukraine (Top 40)||16|
|Single||United States||May 31, 2012||Digital download||Ultra Records|
|EP||United Kingdom||August 26, 2012||3 Beat Records|
|Remixes||United States||September 18, 2012||Ultra Records|
- Becky Bain (3 May 2012). "Iggy Azalea Teams Up With Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas For "Beat Down"". Idolator. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- WriterJones (25 October 2012). "Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas f/ Iggy Azalea - "Beat Down"". DJ Booth.
- WriterJones (20 July 2012). "Steve Aoki Feat. Iggy Azalea - "Beat Down"". Noisey. Vice.
- "LINKIN PARK & STEVE AOKI". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "IGGY AZALEA". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Trainwreck (2015) - Soundtrack". soundtrack.net. 17 July 2015.
- "Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas Feat. Iggy Azalea - Beat Down (Official Video) (Ultra Music)". YouTube. 2012-07-19. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Ultratop.be – Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas feat. Iggy Azalea – Beat Down" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas feat. Iggy Azalea – Beat Down" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Official Dance Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Official Independent Singles Chart Top 50". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- "Ukrainian Chart - September 30 - October 7, 2012". FDR. 2012-09-30. Archived from the original on 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "iTunes - Music - Beat Down (Original Mix) [feat. Iggy Azalea] - Single by Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas". iTunes. 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "iTunes - Music - Beat Down (feat. Iggy Azalea) - EP by Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas". iTunes. 2012-08-26. Archived from the original on 2014-12-22.
- "iTunes - Music - Beat Down (Feat. Iggy Azalea) - Single (Remixes) by Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas". iTunes. 2012-09-18. Retrieved 2014-05-02.