Berakas A, Brunei-Muara
|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Berakas 'A' is a mukim in the Brunei-Muara district of Brunei. It is located in the north, centre facing the South China Sea, bordering Mukim Mentiri and Mukim Berakas 'B' to the east, Mukim Kianggeh and Mukim Gadong 'B' to the south and Mukim Gadong 'A' to the west. The Headman of Mukim Berakas 'A' is The Hon. Hj. A. Ahmad bin Husain (1995 - present).
Areas and divisions
Mukim Berakas 'A' includes these following areas:
- Kampong Lambak Kiri (Kurnia Rakyat Jati) * Kampong Lambak Kiri 'A' * Kampong Lambak 'B' (formerly Kampong Lambak Kanan 'B')
- Kampong Terunjing Lama * Kampong Terunjing Baru
- Kawasan Bee Seng Garden * Kampong Serusop * Kawasan Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa * Kawasan Lapangan Terbang Lama * Kampong Jaya Setia * Kampong Jaya Bakti * Kampong Burong Pingai Berakas * Kampong Anggerek Desa
- Kawasan Jalan Menteri Besar
- Kampong Orang Kaya Besar Imas * Kampong Pulaie * Kampong Pancha Delima * Kampong Delima Satu * Kampong Delima Dua * Kampong Pengiran Siraja Muda
Notes: During the reign of Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien III, Mukim Berakas was only one division. But during the reign of Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, Mukim Berakas was divided into two parts; Mukim Berakas 'A' and Mukim Berakas 'B' due to rapid residential and infra-structural developments. Mukim Berakas 'A' used to include Kampong Lambak Kiri (Jalan Pasir Berakas 'B') and Kampong Lambak Kanan (Jalan Pasir Berakas 'B'). It is presumable that Kampong Lambak Kiri (Jalan Pasir Berakas 'B') maybe merged or now included within Kampong Lambak Kiri 'A' and Kampong Lambak Kanan (Jalan Pasir Berakas 'B') maybe merged or now included within Kampong Lambak 'B'.
Other locations within the mukim include:
- Pantai Berakas
|This Brunei location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|