|• Total||1,166 km2 (450 sq mi)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
Tutong District (Malay: Daerah Tutong) or simply Tutong is one of the four districts of Brunei. The main town is Tutong. The district borders the South China Sea to the north, the Bruneian district of Brunei-Muara and the Malaysian state of Sarawak to the east and the Bruneian district of Belait to the west. The Tutong River flows through the district. With the size of 1,166 square kilometres, Tutong District is the third largest district in the country. As of 2016, it has the population of 49,438 and comprises five main ethnic communities: Tutong, Dusun, Kedayan, Iban and Chinese.
Pengiran Muda Mahkota Pengiran Muda Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah Hospital is the sole hospital in the district. There are also four community health centres located in Pekan Tutong, Kampong Sungai Kelugos, Kampong Telisai and Kampong Lamunin. The health centres mainly provide outpatient care to the residents of the village or mukim where they are located, as well as those that live in the surrounding areas.
There are several government schools and a few private schools in the district, which offer primary, secondary and post-secondary (sixth form) education.
The government schools are mainly administered under the Ministry of Education. There are 30 primary schools, 5 secondary schools and one sixth form college in the district, which are grouped under Cluster 6 of the Ministry's school administrative district.
The five secondary schools are:
- Muda Hashim Secondary School;
- Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha Secondary School;
- Sayyidina 'Othman Secondary School;
- Sufri Bolkiah Secondary School; and
- Tanjong Maya Secondary School.
There are six private schools in the district, namely:
- Chung Hwa School, Tutong;
- Chung Hwa School, Kiudang;
- Tutong Public School;
- Nusa Jaya School, Penanjong;
- Nusa Jaya School, Keriam; and
- Pertama Primary School.
All of the private schools above offer kindergarten and primary education.
Places of Interest in Tutong District
Other places of interest in Tutong:
- Sungai Basong Recreation Park
- Seri Kenangan Beach
- "Tutong District" (PDF). p. 8. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Department of Economic Planning and Development - Population". www.depd.gov.bn. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Jabatan Daerah Tutong, Kementerian Hal Ehwal Dalam Negeri - Profail Tutong". tutong.gov.bn. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Jabatan Daerah Tutong, Kementerian Hal Ehwal Dalam Negeri - Mukim-Mukim di Daerah Tutong". tutong.gov.bn. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Tutong District" (PDF). p. 21. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Government". Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- "Secondary Education". Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- "Post Secondary Education". Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- "Private". Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- Tasek Merimbun Heritage Park
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tutong.|
- Tutong District Office website (Malay)
|This Brunei location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|