This article needs to be updated.(January 2017)
|Born||11 July 1991|
|Home town||Bowraville, New South Wales|
|Awards||Winner, MasterChef Australia 2015|
Billie McKay (born 11 July 1991) is an Australian television cook. She is perhaps best known as the winner of MasterChef Australia 2015. Her prizes included $250 000, an Alfa Romeo Giulietta and a monthly column in Delicious., an Australian food magazine. Following the final, guest judge Heston Blumenthal offered her a job at his restaurant The Fat Duck, which she accepted.
McKay was raised on a dairy farm in Bowraville, New South Wales and attended Macksville High School. Prior to competing on MasterChef, she was a restaurant manager in Ballina, New South Wales.
- "Billie McKay". popsugar.com.au. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "MasterChef winner scores cash, car, column AND a new job with Heston Blumenthal". news.com.au. 27 July 2015.
- Ramsey, Britt (7 May 2015). "Bowraville's Billie McKay to cook for chefs". nambuccaguardian.com.au. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Macksville High School Magazine 2009" (PDF). macksville-h.schools.nsw.edu.au. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Broome, Hamish (11 May 2015). "Ballina cook will make Masterchef final 22". northernstar.com.au.