This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
Bohipora or Buhipora is a village[a] in Kupwara District in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. According to the 2011 census of India, the village had a population of 2,563 people (1,319 males; 1,244 females).
Bohipora is located about 1 km from kupwara town on kupwara poshpora road . The village is connected through two bridges on either side, Pumpshed bridge also called 'boud kadal' ( large bridge), connects Bohipora with Kupwara town, and Gushi Kadal, located over famed kahmil nala, connects Bohipora with village Gushi.
After recurrent floods, which made the people to abandon their homes, some steps were taken to improve the safety of the village by creating bundhs and a bridge was also allotted, but it is still incomplete.Bund work has been done to minimize damage due to floods as the village is prone to recurrent floods. D.I.E.T kupwara is located in Bohipora on the Bohipora - Poshpora Road . Public park for women and children is also under construction which lies on the bank of Nala Tikkertar. This village have a variety of walnut trees .
- Al Mustafa English Medium
- Govt. Middle school
- Masjid Rabbulaalamin
- Masjid Al-Mustafa(Jamiah Masjid)
- Masjid Bilal
- Masjid Ismail
- "... near Bohipora village"
- Debates; Official Reports. Jammu and Kashmir (India). Legislature. 1966. p. 734. Retrieved April 16, 2016.
- "Buhi Pora Population - Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir". Census Organization of India. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Introduction". Government Degree College Kupwara. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
|This article related to a location in Jammu and Kashmir is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|