Born to Be My Baby
|"Born to Be My Baby"|
|Single by Bon Jovi|
|from the album New Jersey|
|B-side||"Love for Sale"|
|Released||November 24, 1988|
|Format||7-inch vinyl, CD single|
|Genre||Hard rock, glam metal|
|Writer(s)||Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, Desmond Child|
|Bon Jovi singles chronology|
"Born to Be My Baby" is a song by American rock band Bon Jovi. It was written by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, and Desmond Child. It was released in November 1988 as the second single from their album New Jersey. It peaked at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1989, number 7 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, number 22 in the UK, and number 30 in Australia.
"Born to Be My Baby" was the second of five singles from New Jersey to chart in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100, the most top 10 hits for any hard rock album. Despite the song's success, it was not included in the 1994 Cross Road greatest hits album. However the song was included on Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits album in 2010. In addition, an acoustic version of the song was recorded for their album This Left Feels Right.
28 second sample from Born To Be My Baby by Bon Jovi
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
The video for the song was done in all black-and-white, like many of the band's videos from the New Jersey album.
A very low budget video, it was shot all in the studio, chronicling the recording process for "Born to Be My Baby". In the full length video, there is actually a dialogue between the band members, and the band does the chorus again, unsatisfied with the original version. The video prominently features photogenic shots of Jon Bon Jovi singing, as well as the band gathering around a microphone to sing the "na-na-na-na-na" part. The video also features Jon Bon Jovi's wife, Dorothea.
The video was featured on New Jersey: The Videos, a promotional VHS that is no longer manufactured. The video was absent from the video collection Cross Road: The Videos. It was later featured on Bon Jovi's 2010 release Greatest Hits - The Ultimate Video Collection.
The ending of the video depicts Bon Jovi cheering and hugging each other. This was the moment that the band learned New Jersey was the No. 1 album in the U.S. 
|Germany (Official German Charts)||54|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||19|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||25|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||22|
|US Billboard Hot 100||3|
|US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks (Billboard)||7|
- "Allmusic (Bon Jovi charts & awards) Billboard singles".
- "New Jersey Deluxe Edition" booklet. Publisher: Mercury Records. UMG Recordings, Inc
- "Australian-charts.com – Bon Jovi – Born To Be My Baby". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Bon Jovi – Born To Be My Baby". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "The Irish Charts". Irish Recorded Music Association. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved October 26, 2012. Insert Born to Be My Baby in the field Search by Song Title, then press Search.
- "Charts.org.nz – Bon Jovi – Born To Be My Baby". Top 40 Singles.
- "Swisscharts.com – Bon Jovi – Born To Be My Baby". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Bon Jovi: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company.
- "Bon Jovi – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Bon Jovi.
- "Chart Search Results - Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks 1988-12-10". Billboard.biz. Retrieved October 26, 2012.