Boys Wanna Be Her
|"Boys Wanna Be Her"|
|Single by Peaches|
|from the album Impeach My Bush|
|Released||November 6, 2006|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Genre||Punk rock, glam rock|
|Length||3:55 (album version)|
3:57 (radio edit)
|Peaches singles chronology|
- "Boys Wanna Be Her" – 3:57
- "Boys Wanna Be Her" (The Flaming Lips Eat Peaches) – 3:14
- "Boys Wanna Be Her" (Tommy Sunshine's Brooklyn Fire Retouch) – 5:04
- "Boys Wanna Be Her" (Weird Science Remix) – 3:53
The music video shows Peaches and The Herms, all dressed in glam rock fashions, hitting themselves until they bleed while performing the song on stage.
Uses in other media
"Boys Wanna Be Her" was featured in episodes of television series Ugly Betty ("Don't Ask, Don't Tell") and The L Word (featured on the L Tunes: Music from and inspired by The L Word compilation album).
The song is used in the Canadian supernatural TV show Lost Girl.
The song is featured in the Electronic Arts video game Need For Speed: ProStreet.
The song is used in the Matchstick Productions ski film Push.
The song was featured in the trailer of the 2012 movie Bad Kids Go to Hell.
Peaches performed the song on season 4, episode 7 of Orphan Black, "The Antisocialism of Sex."
The song is also included on the soundtrack to the 2016 film, How to Be Single.
During June 2017 the song is used in the UK channel 4 trailer for coverage of the Women's Soccer European Championship, featuring a schoolgirl playing keepic uppie. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_jZd2MUXbc
The song is featured in a 2017 ad for CoverGirl starring professional motorcycle racer Shelina Moreda.
|2007||Best Make-up||Music Video||"Boys Wanna Be Her"||Nominated|
- "WhatSong Soundtracks - Stream Songs from the Latest Movies & TV Shows". What-song.
- "L Tunes: Music from and Inspired by The L Word". Archived from the original on 2009-10-08. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "TV Show Music – Dollhouse Music". tvshowmusic.com. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "Marilyn Manson/Peaches". 13 April 2007 – via IMDb.
- "Ashram presents Peaches, Shit Robot at Indochine".